Oticon Own ITE hearing aids

Has anyone recently switched to Oticon Own HA?
I have and I think I will return them next week as i do not notice any improvement at all.
Please advise me of your improvement. Thank you

@maggie07 ,Improvement from what? Unaided hearing? A different Oticon HA? A HA from a different manufacturer? Specifically, to what are you comparing the Owns?

@maggie07 , you might need powerful HA such as Oticon Xceed BTE SP or UP. Phonak Naida. These 2 types of HA’s are for severe to profound hearing loss. Check it out.

dankailo & ziploc
I have been wearing Oticon Siya 2 and have been using Oticon for many years.
The Audi at Kaiser recommended the OWNs & I plan to return them at my follow-up appoint tomorrow. No others were recommended & I have preferred ITE but am willing to try another BTE which I will bring up at the appointment. Since I am very elderly I do not know if Oticon Xceed will help as my speech hearing is terrible. The Audi keeps bring up nerve damage but I would like to have a more experierience Audi.
Thank you for the help.

1 Like

I have the Own1 ITE (I think, the smallest one with wireless) and while the wireless works well I find the noise reduction and general speech terrible.

I also have the Starkey Evolv AI and it is the opposite experience. The sound quality is great but the wireless is horrible, even at the ear-to-ear level.