Oticon Own Absolute Best

I was just fitted with the Oticon Own Hearing Aid, IIC (smallest there is). I am in my mid-50s, have needed hearing aids since I was a kid and this is the absolute best hearing aid by far. I have been replacing my hearing aids every 3 years and have never had a significant improvement like I have had with these. I previously had the Phonax Titanium and those were okay at best, they were certainly fell short of that it was advertised as. However with Oticon Own, it was exactly or maybe a little better than advertised. Please note, nobody paid me or asked me to do this review whatsoever. Here are some specific great things about this:

• It’s not noisy, you can hear speech with hardly any background noise.
  • It’s very clear compared to others I have previously had
  • It knows what is relevant sound and knows what is not relevant
  • The fitting was perfect, it fits in my ear, without wiggling out, the pull line is very small and hidden

The only negative so far is I have to change my batteries a little faster than I previously did. But that is minimal compared to the great benefits. If you have been dissatisfied with hearing aids in the past, I think this is a game changer. Also I truly believe this company knows how to do it right.

8 Likes

Interesting that you got the Own instead of the Oticon Real. Are you in Europe? I don’t know if the Own is even sold in the USA.

As of right now, they have no such offering called “Real” in the USA or listed on their website. The “Own” is clearly listed on their website and several hearing aid offices have mentioned it to em. I am in the USA. I think you may be confused.

Real was announced by Oticon in the US at the end of February and many including myself have been wearing them for a while now. Perhaps you are confused :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Own is essentially the oticon MORE platform (which was originally released in the BTE/RIC form factor only) but in a custom in-the-ear style. The Oticon REAL is the latest technology which superseded the MORE earlier this year but is only available in the BTE/RIC style. So if the OP wanted an IIC, REAL isn’t an option.

3 Likes

There’s no Real ITE option: it’s a rechargeable platform.

The Own uses batteries, so is limited to the standard cell voltage.

Until Oticon offers a rechargeable ITE they can’t easily re-harmonise the lines.

As such the Own is the latest ITE offering.

2 Likes

Oticon Real is available with disposable batteries.

Sorry, I forgot about that.

Thanks for the great info, it’s incredible how some want to insult you, but they are the one who have no clue what they are talking about. Also please note, when someone gets the latest technology that just comes out, they become the beta testers.