Oticon OPN1 Volume Adjustment Problem

Just got new OPN1s today. When I press the left button, the volume decreases, but ONLY in the left HA. When I press the right button, the volume increases, but ONLY in the right HA. Somehow the two HAs aren’t communicating with each other. Of course, I’ll take them back to the provider, but any ideas what could cause this? I’m hoping this is just a software setting?

sounds like it could be a glitch or bug!

Could be setting error.
Switch%20Setup

The software setting, as shown by aggie60, forces Binaural coordination to be selected and enabled automatically for the Volume Control setting if either side is enabled (which automatically enables the Volume control for the other side as well), so that’s why you see the Binaural Coordination box for the Volume control selected and greyed out, instead of being selectable like with the Mute function and Program switch options. That means that there’s no way the programming in Genie 2 can be done to apply the volume change on just one of the 2 hearing aids even if you want to do it like that.

That leaves one possibility I can see your scenario happening, which is maybe your provider programmed your two OPN 1s independently, which would cause them not to pair up. But this would be a very highly unusual thing to do, although it’s the only thing I can think of, barring some kind of bug which I don’t see in my Genie 2 version of the software (2017.2).

I assume that you have a single button OPN, not the TCoil option that comes with the rocker switch.

Just something simple to try. Open both battery doors and wait a few seconds and close again simultaneously. See if that makes any difference. Doubtful, but it’s easy to try.

It’s a binaural comms issue.

The middle box has become unchecked either during the time the time it was connected or during a ‘bad’ programming write/exit.

1 Like

Follow up: Took the OPNs back to the provider today. All settings, check boxes, etc. in software were correct. Just bad hardware. Provider said probably a bad antenna. They are being replaced and I have loaner ones now. Thanks everyone for your feedback.

1 Like