Oticon OPN Vs Signia NX Vs?

If you already narrowed down to these two models, you should just trial them both out. It’s OK to ask around but hearing aid preference is SO SUBJECTIVE that you may not even like the hearing aids that others say they like.

3 Likes

My loss is as much as 110db, so I now have no vents. With no venting, I found the OVP of the NX works very well, yet I have worn HA’s so long, I may not know my own voice. I think the seat protection of both the OPN and NX are pretty good. I too sweat and find the NX works better than some of my older hearing aids. I pull them out if I sweat a lot and I also put them in a dryer at night.

I agree with others here. Trial them both.

1 Like

In many ways, they are all just marketing. The technology is anything but transparent compared to other computers. Perceived differences are software related as they can all access similar hardware. So, it is like determining the best email program. You like one and I like another. Best left to a friendly bar argument.

2 Likes

I have the Costco KS version of Signia Nx 312 and I like the sound very much.

But here are my opinions:
The number of channels is irrelevant.
The battery life is irrelevant.
The Signia OVP (Own Voice Processing) does not work for me, with real occlusion. It doesn’t take away from anything else, so for me, OVP is irrelevant (not a plus or a minus).

The only thing that matters is how they work for you. Different people get different results.

I can tell you the Signia has a lot of good features.

The one problem I’m having is getting Rexton to agree to make the molds that I want. I have said that I want a deep fit, beyond the second bend, to the bony portion of the ear canal, to reduce/eliminate occlusion in my left ear (and keep a closed fit). They have made two sets of molds that are surface level and do not go nearly deep enough. So this time, we told them we wanted the molds recessed as far as possible, and again, reaching past the second bend. So we’ll see.

1 Like

Great analogy, because all email programs are still aggravating. :laughing:

1 Like

I like both Oticon OPN and Signia Nx, but I have only used the older Signia PX model. I have friends with the Signia Nx and they are happy with the HAs.

The *Oticon Velox Platform with “Brain Hearing” might be two years old, but is still offered in all new Oticon variants of the OPN.

My understanding is, **Signia Nx Platform uses an updated chip with OVP with has specs now closer to the Oticon Velox.

Oticon OPN connect Bluetooth directly from iPhone, iPad and SELECTED Android phones. With a Connect Clip streamer, Oticon OPN connect via the streamer device to and from all Android as well as iPhone.

Signia Nx also connect Bluetooth directly from iPhone. And with Streamline Mic streamer, Signia Nx connect via the streamer device to and from Android and iPhone.

Pretty much of a muchness between the two, so far.

My personal opinion is that my Oticons are easier and less tiring to wear and speech is easier for me to listen to, that my Signia Px.

But, your hearing loss is very much different to mine, so I suggest the only way for you to decide which is more suited to your situation, would be test both brands for at least two weeks each. Let us know what you decide please.

*Oticon Velox Platform
• 50 times faster data processing than ever before

• 64 frequency channels for higher resolution
• Full environmental analysis 100+ times a second
• Capacity to handle 1,200 million operations per second
• Revolutionary TwinLink™ wireless communication
• 2.4 GHz for advanced connectivity
• Speech Rescue™ LX, frequency composition technology

**Signia Nx Platform
• Ultra-small 40nm technology – 40% smaller than industry standard
• 75 million transistors – 3.5x more than predecessor platform primaxTM
• Super-fast 500 MIPS processing power – 60% more than primax

1 Like

I will try both of them. Unfortunately this will be during this autumn.

Finally some numbers I can chew. The Singia innovation is a 40nm chip ?
The computer industry is flooded with 14nm chips and their latest inovation is 40nm :slight_smile:

Would be interesting to discover Velox size ?

Since I use android phone seems that inevitable I will need an streamer device. However I appreciate the lack of antenna loop from my actual Oticon streamer pro 1.4

The hearing aids industry is not the computer industry. There’s no kind of volume of hearing aids comparable to computers. You’re comparing apple to oranges. Using technology size as the judge of the effectiveness of a hearing aid platform is a shallow view.

The Velox platform is based on 65nm, by the way. So if 40nm by the Signia is not good enough for you, you should wait until they catch up with the computer industry. Oh, and good luck waiting.

1 Like

I appreciate the sarcasm. You have a point.
However, I have a bitter feeling due to the slow evolving of this industry.
A bit ironic due to the Asian industry obscurity in this.

Remember HA Power determines more than anything else. Although mask size allows a power savings, more efficient batteries are the real need.

As an aside, I was at a luncheon with an Intel rep as speaker. This was at the transition from 286 to 386. Chatting later he mentioned that trace size would limit future reduction/improvements in one or two generations. It gives me a smile every once in a while. Absolutes seem subject to change.

Maybe someone will figure out what Tesla meant and resolve power transmission. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Update: I went for Signia NX due to place proximity.
After a lot of adjustments I am finnaly happy with them.

Now I considering moving to Phonak Marvel due to Roger Direct.
This should simplify a lot my work Roger set up.

Yes he is correct signia had done research fo ai based noise reduction and in near future they will launch it.

1 Like

Hello,

Currently I am in trials with Phonak Marvel MRT90 and Roger Select.
While I am happy with conferences and group interaction, they are a disaster in close communication.
That is why I will return them and return to Signia Nx.

What other options do I have for better balance between close and group communication ?