Oticon OPN S1 PP BTE vs Oticon Xceed 1UP BTE

Does any one know if these two hearing aids have any major differences for someone with severe to profound loss that would have you choosing one over the other? I am looking at used and the OPN S1 PP BTE sells for almost 200 less on eBay used. New both hearing aids seem to have a similar price.

IMG_0188

Fitting range for Opn PP BTE.

Fitting range for the Xceed.

Is the fitting range for the OPN 1 and OPN S1 PP BTE the same?

Yes it’s the same for both.

1 Like

Thank you, Zebras, very much for the information.

In terms of technology, they are based on the same platform.

@Volusiano would know if the Xceed has more features as it’s more powerful. Don’t think it does tho.

The OPN S1 seems to have a few additional features. All other features seem to be the same. Certainly the Xceed covers more of the profound loss for me based on the above fitting range.

Hearing aid———————- OPNS1———Xceed 1UP
Adjustment Bands—————16—————14
Processing Channels———-64—————-48
Spatial Awareness————-LX 4————-No

1 Like

Both Oticon OPN S1 PP BTE and Oticon Xceed 1UP BTE hearing aids are designed for people with severe to profound hearing loss. The main difference between them is their design and function. Oticon OPN S1 PP BTE usually offers a wider range of features, such as wireless technology and the ability to customize audio settings using a mobile app. On the other hand, Oticon Xceed 1UP BTE is specially designed to provide better audio experience in noisy environments and presence of background noise.

Seems they both have the same features except the ones I mention in my chart above. It just seems the Xceed has a greater fitting range. Both are made for the iphone.

Do you know if Xceed can be updated via expresslink (wires) or Noahlink (Bluetooth) or both with Genie 2

Genie 2 and Noahlink Wireless.

:slight_smile:

@jim225

Don’t know about wires etc.

@firenzel might know?

1 Like

So looking at the spec’s if it’s the Velox chip and your talking about firmware update it’s not Noahlink wireless for firmware update because it’s using the Velox S chip, so that leaves EXPRESSlink3 or better HiPro, because EXPRESSlink is only for Oticon, at least with HiPro you can use that on most other brands that aren’t exclusively wireless.

updater FW

2 Likes

So wired with Expresslink 3 for firmware update, that I have, will work thank you. I bought it last year on ebay for 25 and it worked great on Opn 1.

You still have xtra pair of Xceed 1 up for sale or did you sell them?

1 Like

I sold them.

@jim225

:slight_smile:

1 Like