Oticon OPN S 1 will not turn on

My right Oticon OPN S 1 will not turn on. Only two months old. No startup sound. Does not show in app. I cleaned, Made sure fresh battery, receiver is tight, opened and closed battery door many times. Is there any way to reboot the aide to reset itself.Like hold the volume button certain amount of secs.

The wax guard is clean, if so take to your Audi to send in for repair or replacement

1 Like

Yes everything is clean and replaced wax guard. It is diffidently dead but was hoping I could hold down volume button to have it reset or reboot itself but have not found such a procedure. Thanks.

There is nothing that will work like that, the possibility is that either the receiver is bad or the hearing aid has died. Best just take it to your Audi

OK. Thanks. Was hoping not to make the trip. But oh well.

With the aid not showing in the app, would that eliminate the receiver being the problem?

1 Like

I’m not sure if receiver has to be working for the hearing aide itself to be found by app. I would assume receiver could be bad and still find the hearing aid itself. Just wont hear anything.

The reciever doesn’t have to work for the aid to show in the app or if you are using iphone to show in the Iphone control panel

I thought that would be the case. Thanks.

I was having a set of OPN S 3 tuned - brand new and I shut off one aid and that was the end of it - the audiologist was floored I thought I broke it and she said it should not happen.

It was dead…

Ya went today and it was dead. Overnight new one.

1 Like

Opening the battery door and closing it again is basically rebooting the OPN (and most other brands and models, I would presume). If you use the ZPower rechargeable battery system on your OPN, then beside opening and closing the battery door, putting it in the charger then taking it out would also initiate the reboot sequence. If it doesn’t chime on, then it’s dead.

Not seeing it appear on your iPhone or seem to pair up with your ConnectClip is probably another telltale sign that it’s dead.

1 Like

Had this exact problem - unit was dead and required replacement. Your Audi may have loaners to use in the interim.