Oticon OPN Programming Cables

Hi Everyone,

I’ve have a FittinLINK3 to program my Oticon OPNs. Unfortunately for the firmware update you need a cabled connection. :frowning:

So now I’ve gone ahead and ordered a mini-pro. Afaik I now still need a:

1. Oticon Cable 3 (aka standar CS44)
  2. Flexconnect

I’m wondering if anybody could give me some advice as to where to best acquire these. I see CS44 cables on eBay for around 40$ each. I can’t seem to find the flexconnect anywhere.

Where/what should I be looking for exactly? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

How and where did you get your FittingLink 3, Mark? I’m very curious.

The flexconnects are not an everyday item. They show up. They disappear. Ask the EBay cable sellers. Ask the EBay hearing aid sellers. Don’t get the mini flexconnects. Keep close watch on your wallet when asking :wink:

I bought the CS44 cables and flexconnects from my local audi.
I am considering ordering the fittinglink 3.0 from him also.
The fittinglink seems like a more hassle-free solution, but in your experience, is it as fast as the Noah link with cs44 and flexconnect?

Please be kind enough to avoid cross-posting. You have posted precisely this question elsewhere.

And I would add that the speed of the communications between the computer and the aids being fitted isn’t a very important consideration when you are DIY-ing. That is, the time involved is a tiny proportion of the time you spend doing the actual adjustments.

Sry for the double post, i have deleted the other question.

I disagree that the speed between the computer and My hearing aids doesnt matter.
I find it annoying, when the click through goes to slow, and sometimes i feel uncertain when genie reacts with latency…

On topic: is the fitting link just as fast an option or faster than the Noah link?
Just wanted to know if anyone had experience with both products

The OP didn’t order a “Noah link”. He ordered a Hi-Pro. More specifically he ordered a mini Pro.
Read about that here, Self-Programming-Help

Ok… i did not mean to highjack the thread… i will post elsewhere

It’s a reasonable question, and this is a good place for it since the OP may soon have wireless and wired fitting capabilities. Just saying it’s not a “Noah link”.

The speed answer you seek only matters when you read or write to the hearing aids. All other latency is from the speed of your computer. corona is right that it doesn’t matter whether it takes 1 second or 4 seconds to write the settings to your hearing aids.

Oh, and the mini Pro is very, very fast!

Now I’m curious as to how much your local audi charged for two cables and two flexconnects?

And the FittingLink 3.0. I assume that the FittingLink 3.0 will not require these cables, right? I didn’t even know that audis would sell the FittingLink 3.0 to patients. I didn’t see BuyHear.com selling it as an OPN accessory.

$90 is a good deal for 2 cables and 2 flexconnects! $150 for FittingLink is a good deal too and if you are setup to sell on EBay then you can always sell it on EBay/USA if you don’t like it.

1 Like

Yes, FittingLink 3.0 allows you to do wireless fitting without cables and flexconnects. A newbie’s dream come true! But as the OP said you cannot perform a firmware update. I’m not sure what will happen after a wireless communication failure during the process of writing the fitting session to your hearing aids. In this scenario the old Phonak iCube left your hearing aids locked and useless and you needed to use a Hi-Pro and cables to unlock it. The newer iCubeII along withe the fitting software has a reset feature.

This is a >>Noah Link<<. Don’t even think about getting that!

Instead of connecting PC->USB->Hi-Pro->Cables->flexconnects->Opn
you connect PC->Bluetooth->NoahLink->Cables->flexconnects->Opn

Now you can walk around because you are not tethered. Whoop Dee Doo

If the FittingLink 3.0 is available anywhere in the US, I’d appreciate any info shared on it. For $150 it’s definitely worth having one at home for adjustments. For the occasional firmware update, I can always have it done at my audi’s.

btw> Click (Genie2/FAMILY/Cable Overview) to see what is needed and also what it looks like.

Thanks nravn! Yep, you can get (2x Oticon Programming Cables #3, which is same as standard CS44 cables) and (2x flexconnect) shipped to USA for about $100.

Click the DIY Toolbox image on their homepage. Create an account with email address, password, yourname. The info in the DIY section is protected so (as nravn said) you need to submit your email address for approval and then wait.

Extrapolating from this you could get FittingLink 3.0 for about $195.

Proceed at your own risk. International shipping may carry extra risk.

Yes, we ship to the USA.
The prices on our website, are shown in Euros.
a total order for the items would be:
€30 - flexconnect x 2
€30 - Oticon cables #3 Hipro version
€35 - shipping
€95 - total

With todays exchange rate of 1 EUR =1.05584USD
$ 100.305 total
There will be small daily variations in the exchange rate euro/dollar, but that is obviously out of my control.

Oh, I probably don’t need to say this, The cables are listed as a pair and the flexconnects are listed as singles so you need to order 1xpair of cables and 2xsingle flexconnects :slight_smile:

Update: Currently you can get em cheaper locally >>Here<<. Though this is subject to change.