Oticon Opn 1 hearing aid will mute itself

my aids are in for repair or replacing now, and should have been back by now.

I’ve not had that issue. I have had random program changes 1-to-2 generally, then back again, not too long after startup in the morning. And I get a random 3 fast beeps within a half hour or starting up. These issues aren’t enough to drive me nuts, but I would be were I to have what you’re experiencing!

I used to have that problem – often! And the crazy zipping down the volume with the fast beeps. It only happened in certain parts of my house. It felt like the Bluetooth from a previous setting was hanging in the air like a mist just waiting for me to walk into it. :rofl: I think it was
the ON App competing with the accessible iPhone settings. I always use
iPhone - not ON App. I offloaded ON App on iPhone and uninstalled it on iPad. I also updated latest Firmware on Hearing aids (and the ON app, even though it is offloaded and not in use). Problem solved.

The other thing I do - I mute mics and adjust volume on iPhone when watching TV with Adapter. Before I take out my hearing aids (sleep after TV) I return my aids’ settings on iPhone to their default settings (un-muting aids and General Program.)

My theory is some BT setting on a device was competing, and when I got in range, it would change my hearing aids. In reality, probably the firmware update fixed it. It hasn’t happened in months.

Day 1 without turning ON app – no crazy muting at all. Will see how it is today. Previously, I use ON app to check battery percentages.

I don’t have the iPhone BT turned on all the time. I find that if the phone rings, I could just easily turn the BT on and then answer the phone (to have the audio routed to my HA).

I leave the bluetooth on all the time mostly due to my Apple Watch. All of my notifications goes to the watch and not my aids. You can also check the battery life on your iphone with the hearing device control panel, that is even available without unlocking the phone.

I also leave Bluetooth on all the time on my iPhone - make most adjustments and battery level estimate accessed thru control panel. The only time I turn BT off on iPhone is when I want to stream from iPad.

I haven’t had any muting incident since the day I stopped using ON app.

I am going to start again to experiment!

1 Like

Haha, talk about ON jinx. When I turned on BT on the iPhone (so that I can change programs), I felt the right HA has gone muted. Checked and it was so. ON app wasn’t used at all. I guess some BT components in the right HA needs to be serviced. Anyway, will send it out to Octicon.

Have you tried leaving BT turned on your iPhone AND offloading the ON App? I still think it is the ON App interfering. Just because you were not actively using the ON App, it is an App on your iPhone that connects to your hearing aids as soon as BT is enabled. If you off load the App, it is like uninstalling it, except it keeps your data and you can easily bring it back.

How do I offload ON? I will try it.

If it’s interfering, why only the right HA?

There is an update to the ON app for IOS. It has speeded up the connecting to the aids, and my aids works so much better using the apple watch ON app too.

Oh, let me check. Hopefully this update will help.

also what happens if you put you aids in airplane mode.

Noticed with latest ON app update hearing fitness doesn’t work at all. Haven’t noticed any other “improvements “.

1 Like

I was wondering if it was just me having issues with the hearing fitness.

March 5 was last day I show anything

That is when I show it too as the last time it kept the time.

I’ve decided to drop my right HA for service. Besides the muting problem, a lot of times now I feel like the right HA is muffled, as if I have a cold and ear blocked. It’s happening again right now.

1 Like

I just got my aids back due to the muffled sounds

Yes, I read in your thread. Glad you have a “bionic” version this time :slight_smile:
I left the battery door opened for a minute and wore the right HA again. Now, the opening jingle, those clicking sounds when you change volume/program on the iphone is clear and loud again. Before this, I could barely hear it. Conversation/sound is not one-sided like earlier.