Oticon One App - Find my hearing aids

Hi everyone.

The inevitable happened and I lost my Oticon Engage BTE hearing aid. I’ve been using the ‘find my hearing aid’ tool in the One app. The last known location is shown to be right here in my house. The aid is not connecting which means it’s either run flat or I removed the aid deliberately.

I have a question about how the app works. A circle is shown on-screen that changes size depending on where you are. I am hoping that the aid has a passive / BTLE responder, similar to the ‘key finder’ fobs that you can buy, and that the circle on-screen indicates the signal strength from the aid. Smaller circle = closer to the aid. I’ve searched high and low in the area that shows the smallest circle but still can’t find the thing :frowning:

I can’t find any information to verify or disprove my assumptions so I’m calling on the knowledgeable folk here to see if anyone can shine some light. If the circle size isn’t helpful then I can relax and broaden my search.

Thank you for reading this and have a great day.

C

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.

I hope you find it soon.

That’s been my worry. I’ve had close calls. I’ve tried homing in on my Phonaks. Hard to do. Your app sounds better. And I wish I had replaceable batteries rather than rechargeable. If I need to find my lost hearing aid late in the day It won’t be alive long so I’ll have to work fast.

I’ve tried the little locator fobs for important things…

I don’t know if this helps, but this video is for the companion app and not for the older On App.

How to use Find my hearing aids with the Oticon Companion app

And i think, that the circle size in the app isn’t very helpful, so you have to broaden the search.

1 Like

Still no luck. I have come to the same conclusion about the circles, at best a very rough guide and potentially misleading at worst :wink: I hate losing things. It drives me insane!

1 Like