Oticon ON app rant

Doesn’t work.

Yep, phone control panel works as it’s supposed to. Problem is only on the watch with no app (app works great). Like you are guessing, maybe a Watch 7 bug.

I’ve done this and get the same result as @lgbuck62 . Just a slider that you can’t control.

Also the selection of Program or Mic Volume in the complication does not enable the complication on the watch.

Worse, I’ve upgraded to RC for both Apple Watch 8.5 (build 19T242) and IOS 15.4… Still broken on the watch. :frowning:

Not sure what to say other than my watch series 5 is working as it should. And I have the latest released firmware on both my iPhone and watch

2 Likes

I had the same control of my Philips 9030’s as Chuck mentions and was able to control the aids from a triple click of the iPhone or via the Apple Watch Version 5. However, everything but the volume has disappeared once I unpaired the Aids from my iPhone.

I have not tried to reconnect the 9030’s because the VA has graciously given me Phonak P90’s. Therefore, not sure if the Watch controls will return.

David

No the controls are for MFI aids only is my understanding and what I have observed

1 Like

Agreed…the 9030’s ARE MFI and worked beautifully with my phone and watch but Obviously Phonak doesn’t work with MFI.

I was able to manipulate some of the Phonak features via “3 click” and my watch until I stupidly removed the 9030’s from my iPhone fearing conflicts if I didn’t.

I don’t want to Forget my Phonaks and reinstall the 9030’s then reinstall the Phonaks again since everything is currently working perfectly, other than the occasional SIRI jumping in at the wrong moment caused mainly by interference with the temples on my glasses…something I will address shortly.

I have gotten to the point of not needing the ON app, yes at times I still try to use it on the watch. Guess what? I have had less unmute issues, I have had better battery life, and less issues with connectivity while using the TV adapter. I have found that if I do have connectivity issues, I restart my iPhone and problem stops for a few days. So there seems to be an issue with the iPhone not cleaning up stale cache and that seems to be causing the connectivity issues.

IOS 15.4 has been released. No noted changes to hearing devices was noted. So far so good

Have spoken with both Apple and Oticon… they both say the ONLY way you can control the hearing aids from the watch is with the ON app… so, if anyone can show me otherwise, eg posting screenshot of your watch where you can control the aids without the ON app ,(using the iphone controls) I’d appreciate it… thanks

1 Like

Well, Apple did it again. Using WatchOS 8.4 I had full control of volume and programs for my OPN1 aids; now, after updating to WatchOS 8.5 I am seeing the same headphone volume display that others have reported. Like Chiuck, I deleted the ON app several weeks ago and saw better battery life for both the OPN aids and the iPhone and the Watch controls worked fine for the OPN aids until the update to WatchOS 8.4.

Wow… so you’re saying you were able to control your aids on the watch without using the ON app? what watch do you have? I have the 6/OPN S1 aids/iphone 12 pro …

I have Watch6 and Watch4 and I could control the OPN aids from both until I upgraded both watches to Watch 8.4

Thanks… I couldn’t get it to work before 8.4 … wonder what the trick was? Oh well, let’s hope they fix it… although in talking with both Apple and Oticon, they both told me it wasn’t possible without using the ON app ?

Yep looks like Apple has removed the last thing that I care to use the Apple Watch for, I believe I will just start wearing my beautiful citizens watch my wife gave me many years ago

I did have the On app on the iPhone (13Pro) up until a few weeks ago. I never bothered to install the ON app on the watch because the builtin Accessibility Controls always worked on the wat until I upgraded to 8.4

Thanks… wish I had been able to see how accessibility controls worked on the watch … I kept trying to get it … at one point, I thought I had it, because when I clicked on the “ear” icon on the watch, it did show battery % of the aids, but that was it , and the % never changed so guess it was a fluke… very frustrating talking to both Apple and Oticon about this… I am still waiting to see if anyone can post a screenshot of what the controls on the watch look like … when talking to Apple they wanted me to provide them some “proof” and I’m hoping someone that still can use controls on the watch without the app will post a screenshot …

When it was working, tapping on the “ear” displayed the Battery % (either combined or L and R) with the Microphone Level and the available Programs below the Microphone Level - just tap the program to change or use the Microphone slider; very handy. It looked very much like what we see on the iPhone. Maybe Apple will bring it back.

1 Like

Thanks… hope they bring it back… maybe I’ll try and ask that question of Apple (although I never had that capability …) might be better coming from folks that had that capability …

Just gonna leave this here… Doctor Cliff, AuD – Using the Apple Watch with Your Hearing Aids! | Oticon More, ReSound ONE, Widex Moment

WH

ug…that app … hope Oticon fixes it …