Oticon ON app rant

There should be updates to every thing apple this next week. More than likely no help for us though.

1 Like

Can you direct or show how youā€™re able to control hearing aid function from your Apple Watch without the ON app? I had added the accessibility icon to the screen when you swipe it up from the Home Screen, but tapping it just shows a volume bar that isnā€™t even adjustable (pictures attached). How are you accessing either program or volume settings?

incoming-7FFC4AA7-6015-49F1-AF00-09297ACFF72F
incoming-69768822-DC9B-428D-8D6A-7C5B2AF7875C

You see the ear that is where my control for my aids are.

Yes, I tap that ear icon and it leads me to the volume bar screen where nothing can be done.

I can if your watch is close enough to your iPhone and connected to the iPhone then you should have the remote controls for the aids, program and volume.

I have everything right by each other. Still the same problems. Cursory search online doesnā€™t yield anything helpful either. Oh well. Have the Watch 7; maybe the newer watches have glitched out between both iPhone and Watch software updates?

Iā€™m still using the app for now as it hasnā€™t caused problems yet, but wanted to know workarounds if needed. Can you share what your watch face shows when you tap on hearing accessibility option from the watch control panel?

Have you restarted the watch lately. I have had issues in the past and a reboot does wonders

Bookmarked this discussion so I could come back to it today when I had more time.

I deleted the ON app and rebooted both my phone and watch. I find the easiest for me is the triple click option. Able to control the aids from there with no problem except when I go to the tv adapter which defaults to 84 on the vol scale! I manually turn them way down and then they work great.

As far as the watch goes I think jcw11 might have hit the nail on the head with the problem being the newer watches. I also have a 7 running 8.4.2 and get nothing but the same results he does, which is a headphone volume screen that controls nothing!

I doubt if 15.4 will help anything since I am currently on the 15.4 release candidate. I can live without the watch control feature since we have the phone capability and the manual buttons already. The ON app is now the OFF app as far as Iā€™m concerned.

1 Like

Have you tried scrolling down, I have the watch series 5 and if I donā€™t scroll down all I see is the headset volume.

Luga, on your iPhone, go to the Watch app and select the settings for Accessibility >> Accessibility Shortcut (all the way to the bottom) and select Hearing Devices. This will give the Apple Watch the same accessibility capabilities as the iPhone.

2 Likes

Nothing to scroll down to Chuck. What you see is all I get.

But you have the hearing aid control on the iPhone? Never seen that issue maybe a bug in watch 7. I never seen that issue, but I have watch 5

1 Like

Doesnā€™t work.

Yep, phone control panel works as itā€™s supposed to. Problem is only on the watch with no app (app works great). Like you are guessing, maybe a Watch 7 bug.

Iā€™ve done this and get the same result as @lgbuck62 . Just a slider that you canā€™t control.

Also the selection of Program or Mic Volume in the complication does not enable the complication on the watch.

Worse, Iā€™ve upgraded to RC for both Apple Watch 8.5 (build 19T242) and IOS 15.4ā€¦ Still broken on the watch. :frowning:

Not sure what to say other than my watch series 5 is working as it should. And I have the latest released firmware on both my iPhone and watch

2 Likes

I had the same control of my Philips 9030ā€™s as Chuck mentions and was able to control the aids from a triple click of the iPhone or via the Apple Watch Version 5. However, everything but the volume has disappeared once I unpaired the Aids from my iPhone.

I have not tried to reconnect the 9030ā€™s because the VA has graciously given me Phonak P90ā€™s. Therefore, not sure if the Watch controls will return.

David

No the controls are for MFI aids only is my understanding and what I have observed

1 Like

Agreedā€¦the 9030ā€™s ARE MFI and worked beautifully with my phone and watch but Obviously Phonak doesnā€™t work with MFI.

I was able to manipulate some of the Phonak features via ā€œ3 clickā€ and my watch until I stupidly removed the 9030ā€™s from my iPhone fearing conflicts if I didnā€™t.

I donā€™t want to Forget my Phonaks and reinstall the 9030ā€™s then reinstall the Phonaks again since everything is currently working perfectly, other than the occasional SIRI jumping in at the wrong moment caused mainly by interference with the temples on my glassesā€¦something I will address shortly.

I have gotten to the point of not needing the ON app, yes at times I still try to use it on the watch. Guess what? I have had less unmute issues, I have had better battery life, and less issues with connectivity while using the TV adapter. I have found that if I do have connectivity issues, I restart my iPhone and problem stops for a few days. So there seems to be an issue with the iPhone not cleaning up stale cache and that seems to be causing the connectivity issues.

IOS 15.4 has been released. No noted changes to hearing devices was noted. So far so good