Oticon More Self Fitting questions

Hi,

just got a pair of More 1 miniRTE. I do have Expresslink3, but it seems this does not work anymore. Expresslink3 is recognized by Genie, but the More cannot be found.

I assume that is correct, as Genie says, the More can only by fitted with Noah Link Wirelss. Which I do not have yet - difficult to get here in Germany.

Anyway, if someone can confirm that, would help.

Another question - when I use one aid non configured it seems to work and amplify just a little. But the other one makes a very loud white noise. All normal when not fitted or did I get a faulty unit?

Thx for all help.

Cheers,

Marcus

Hi there, yes your correct that the Noahlink wireless programming device is what you want.

As for your other issue, it’s hard to say exactly, I’d wait until your NW arrives and then you’ll be able to check and then know for sure what the issue is (if anything)

Hi, I got my Noahlink :). Unfortunately even after upgrading the firmware the disturbing sound is still on one device.

Just wanted to share and discuss. Maybe someone has an idea how to reset other than updating the firmware. I swapped the mini headset and batteries to see, if this is related to the issue. No success so far.

By mini headset, you mean the receiver and wiring harness that connects to the hearing aid itself? Usually a bad receiver can cause the white noise. Did you just swap receivers with the good aid, or did you swap it with a brand new receiver? If you swap receivers with the good aid, did the receiver on the bad aid sound fine with the good aid? I guess this is one way to isolate whether it’s an issue with the receiver or with the aid itself.

Where did you buy the aids? Is it possible to return the bad aid to the seller? If you got them through eBay, there should be ways to return defective items sold through them.

Did you ask Oticon to verify the serial numbers of both aids, or just that of the bad one? Just curious.

It’s possible that the aids are for demo purposes only, hence not registered as official aids for sale and support. It’s also possible that the aids didn’t quality control and got binned as rejects, but instead of scrapping them, somebody inside pocketed them to sell in the aftermarket for cheaper.

1 Like

Here my findings - in case someone ever wants to try the same :).

Tested a More 1 and a More 3. Cannot be setup in one session in Genie 2. Did two single sessions to program them. Interestingly they bind together via Bluetooth and the app. But bad sound. The More 3 seems to be a little bit slower than the More 1. I thought the difference is just software but seems to be more.

Anyway two More 3 sounds better than a More 1/3 mix. The More 1 alone is better but I am missing the other part. Luckily, the vendor who sold me the More 1 will send a replacement.

1 Like