Oticon More or Real paired to Samsung Galaxy S23

Does anyone have the Oticon More or Real aids and have the Galaxy S23. I am interested in information about the pairing of the phone to my More1 aids. If necessary I do have the connect clip. I have been using the iPhone but I have been having signal strength issues with every iPhone I have had here where I live, so my wife has ordered me the Galaxy S23. I understand I am losing my watch which I will sale. But it will be nice for my wife and I have the same operating system on the phones.

Not sure which More aids you have.

https://www.oticon.com/support/compatibility?filters=Oticon%20More™%20miniRITE%20R;SamsungGalaxy%20S23

I have seen that Oticon says it is compatible but I would like some real world user I formation. My wife has the Samsung Note 20 5G and my aids do pair with it but I have had marginal luck with direct connectivity. But good luck with the connect clip. My wife is also upgrading her Note 20 to the S23 Ultra. She has issues with touch screens so she has to have the S pin .

If I am reading this correctly you can directly stream to your aids from the S23 but will need the connect clip for phone calls.

Maybe some users will help.

1 Like

Oticon says I will be able to get the call to my aids but will have to answer the call from the phone and use the microphone on the phone which isn’t an issue with me while I can use the aids to answer thr phone calls I don’t with the iPhone. My concern is losing connectivity while on a call, I can no longer hear a phone call without it streaming to my aids.

I had a Galaxy S22+ in between my old iphone and my new iphone. It worked well with my More 1. I don’t think S23 would be different in this regard. However, that time coincides with the connectivity issues of those bad firmware updates (1.4.0, 1.4.1, you know them), so I did notice a glitch here and there… perhaps that has been taken care of by the latest firmware 1.4.3

1 Like

My REAL 1 aids connect seamlessly to my S23 Ultra for streaming and calls. I bought a new CC a month ago when I purchased my new aids but haven’t used it even once. I would need to use it of course if I were connecting to my laptop BT but it absolutely isa not needed to pair with my phone.

2 Likes

Thank you sounds great, my S23 is on its way.
I have a feeling my audiologist is going to be shocked that I left iPhone behind. But what goes around comes back around. My first real smartphone was the original Samsung Note, I believe it was a Note1. It was a great phone but wasn’t structurally well designed, I broke 2 by carrying in my jeans pocket, and Samsung replaced them both times for free.
My wife’s Note 20 5G has been through a war zone and is still working great, but she is getting a new S23 Ultra because she cannot stand not having the stylus.

1 Like

Hi Chuck, Have you considered switching carriers?
RU on TMO or VZW, or ATT?
Check which carrier gets the best signal in your area.
Glad to have you back in Droid Land!

1 Like

My carrier is Consumer Cellular, it actually piggybacks off of ATT and T Mobile. Verizon is also in this area. To be honest it depends on where I’m this area you are as to what works best. Since they powered on 5G in the area most of us have gotten better service.

If your iPhone has eSIM, you could get the free 100 day trial on US Mobile to test Verizon.
They call it their “Warp Speed” plan.
Here’s a link
I’m on their TMO Plan 'cause VZW is no go at my house.

1 Like

I got my S23 this afternoon it is going to be a challenge to get use to it. My aids paired easily. The Oticon Companion app seems to connect faster ton the S23 than it did on the iPhone. Now to get use to not having the Watch app and the control panel app.

2 Likes

Definitely a learning curve to use my new S23, but must say that paired my aids to the phone and setting up the companion app was a breeze.

2 Likes

After just a couple of days with the S23 you know what I find most amazing the connectivity that my aids have to the S23 is so much better than my connectivity to any iPhone I ever used, and the bonus is my aids seamlessly stream from either my S23 or the iPad. No need to disable Bluetooth to switch from one to the other and back.

3 Likes

Great news,Chuck. Glad you’re liking android!
I always have drop outs from my Pixel to one side or the other.PITA!
Maybe that Sammy w/ the newer Qualcomm SoC is more stable than my older mid-range one.

2 Likes

I really don’t know for sure, my aids would drop one or the other depending which jeans pocket I put my iPhone in, but I haven’t noticed that with the S23. Also with the iPhone if I was streaming if I walked more than about 20 feet from the phone I would at least lose connection to one of the aids. This morning I was streaming music from th S23 and I had it on my lamp stand beside my recliner and without even thinking about it I walked out to the mailbox which is about 50 feet from the house and my phone was another 15 or so feet inside the house, I didn’t notice any drop in the streaming. The S23 does have Bluetooth 5.3. Maybe that is the difference.

1 Like

Good point Chuck, Bluetooth 5.3 is supposed to be quite stable.
Anyways glad to hear you’re having success.

I am finding that my More1 aids have a very robust connectivity to my new S23 phone, I am using the Beta version of the Oticon Companion app, version 2.3.4., the connectivity to the app isn’t as good as to the S23 itself.
And added note is that my aids are also paired to my iPad and the switching between the two are seamless. On the downside the battery usage of my aids are somewhat higher but not so much so that I run out of battery life. To be honest I am much happier with the connectivity I am getting from the S23 than I ever was with any of the iPhones that I have had.

2 Likes

Great news.
Thanks for the update.

Another little tidbit: I am finding that calls sound clearer and louder to me with the S23 than with the iPhone. Connectivity to the phone is still much better than with the iPhone, I seldom lose connectivity with my aids with my phone in my jeans pocket or even walking into another room, now the connectivity to the companion app is a different story. I have tried both the released version of the app and the beta version and both will lose connectivity with the aids while the aids are still connected to the phone. The beta version of the app is much more stable than the released version by the way.

2 Likes