Oticon More next generation?

Too much Lumification leads to Lumify overload!!
Back off from that Phonakian pseudo remedy and OWN up to REALity!

1 Like

@flashb1024: we had better beware, lest we awaken the sleeping Cerberus, Flash

As an aside, my optometrist measured the thickness of my cornea, and they are the thickest cited in the medical literature, which probably explains my slightly hiigh intraocular pressure.

Sometimes I think the concept of resolution should be applied to HAs, if it’s not already. Sometimes, I can hear the sounds of speech, but my brain fails to resolve them into intelligible words.

AYE he be guarding the gates to the Phonakian Portal!

Not to make light of a serious issue, but are you a candidate for the Ophthalmologist Medical Journal?
Or the Guinness book of records?

And should you not be seeing (pun) a Ophthalmologist rather than Optometrist for that condition?

@flashb1024: No - I’ve already seen the ophthalmologist/eye surgeon. My corneal thickness is just the very highest side of normal - it’s not pathological.

So SpeechBooster is a fully new feature? Or just renamed Open/MoreSound Booster?

That is what it implies to me. It also implies you need to use the Companion app in order to use that feature.

I am among those who think using the app can cause connectivity problems with More aids.

@Lostdeaf , @prodigyplace: FWIW, I think it’s the same old booster, renamed for the marketing of the new platform and device. But this is purely my speculation.

2 Likes

I wonder why they don’t keep the naming consistency and call it the RealSound Booster instead (vs OpenSound Booster and MoreSound Booster)? Maybe RealSound Booster implies that what they had before is FakeSound Booster, so they opted for SpeechSound Booster to avoid any implied negative connotation.

1 Like

Their financial backers want to see new features in new models. Hiding behind a name change makes it appear new.

So, I reviewed the Companion App on google play store, and exchanged some emails with Oticon support.
My reason for a 1* review was the fact the new app closes when it loses focus, unlike the ON app which stays open in the background,allowing it to act as a remote control, and access the ON app functions.
Here’s their final reply, which makes me optimistic that they do listen (HEAR) us!:

Dear Barry,

Thank you for getting back to us and sharing these details.

The notification ‘widget’ for Android devices that you shared a screenshot of is not yet available in the Companion app. We are still building and adding new functions to the Companion app. I In the meantime you can keep using Oticon ON if you find the functionality of this app more useful.

I will be happy to get back to you when this feature has been added to Oticon Companion if you’d like?

Thank you for your patience - I look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Kristian

Oticon

2 Likes

In my case, the speech booster in Companion is not effective to my haring loss. Using the remote microphone in Iphone for watching TV with microphone mute - sound OK.

@flashb1024: Well, I’m optimistic, too, because they’ve released the 312 disposable battery version of Real simultaneously with the rechargeable model. That’s a big improvement over the way they did it for More!

2 Likes

Have you considered the Oticon TV streamer? It should be way better.

2 Likes

No need to spend that money. I am fine with TV. Just playing around. Hope BT LE mic be available soon.

Thanks

Probably, more or less :grinning:

1 Like

In other news, I am exchanging my More to get Real. They are priced the same and no extra charge for the exchange.

2 Likes

Weren’t you saying they wanted something like $400? That’s a sweet deal!

WH

That is apparently if I get a refund with no replacement.

For those interested, since Duke unbundles services, here is the breakdown on the contract.
Aids $2820
Services $1045
Total $3865
I assume that is to cover the first 60 days. I chose to pay fee for service after that. There were 2 other plan options.
1 year $1200
Lifetime $2500

1 Like

What does the chart of fee for service look like?

Not bad for premium aids!

WH

I was told a visit is $40 but may be $120. I think they will fit aids you supply for $400. I do not recall what insurance paid for the hearing test.

They keep their price chart private

1 Like