Oticon MORE firmware 1.4.0 - BT issues with iOS 16

I have to wait more than likely for the VA to approve it before it will be available for me. And yes as a retired IT professional I understand the requirements

I have iPhone 12 mini, iOS 16.2, and firmware 1.4.1. The Oticon firmware update significantly improved performance to the point that I lose connectivity only sporadically, usually when my iPad is in vicinity. Annoying, but tolerable. Can go days and sometimes weeks before reconnecting. Definitely worth a shot.

2 Likes

1.4.1 was pulled became it was corrupting so many hearing aids and causing a large number of aids being returned for repair.

1 Like

My new More-1 came w 1.4.1, so far no problems

The ones that have been able to get their aids safely updated to 1.4.1 have been very happy with the results, the problem with that update was the percentage of bricked aids, it seems from some of my research is that the updates done in the Oticon labs worked but a high percentage of the in the field updates caused bricked and unusable aids, and had to be replaced or repaired by the Oticon labs.

1 Like

And next week Apple is releasing iOS 16.3! (or so I have read this morning)

2 Likes

From what I have read it is a very minor upgrade and I see nothing that interests me except the security fixes.

1 Like

More firmware 1.4.2 has been released today. From what I have read it seems to working.

How wonderful the world would be if Oticon More latest firmware could updated via their Apps - Oticon On!

I don’t even waste my time on the ON app it is useless and not needed on the iPhone

1 Like

For my time of hearing loss, I do not use the Apps regualrly.
In the near future, moving towards Phonak Naida P90 UP.

Guys the VA does have the 1.4.2 firmware for the More aids. I am waiting for my appointment to get mine updated.

1 Like

I have never been a fan of the ON App and off loaded it (vs delete - off loading retains data) when I wore OPNs. I found the MFi in iPhone worked fine for my needs.
When I upgraded to More1, and two TV Adapters, I needed to use the ON app in order to switch between TV adapters, turn on the Sound Booster feature, and adjust the equalizer when streaming, if needed. Useless – No - not for me. I do think it could be improved, but I think the ON App functions as it is intended to for the most part.

1 Like

If you need it that is fine. My aids are adjusted so I don’t need it. I don’t need the MoreSoundBoast or the equalizer. I only use one TV Adapter now and only have my default program.

I got my appointment for my firmware update this next Wednesday.

2 Likes

Installed iOS 16.3 yesterday. Still working good, with fingers crossed.

1 Like

I upgraded to 16.3 and my hearing aids are at 1.4.2. So far so good.

1 Like

My aids were updated Wednesday and my iPhone and iPad are at 16.3 and everything is working great. I can even get my aids to work with both my iPad and iPhone by setting the media and phone settings to always hearing devices. If I want to stream from my iPad I just start the stream and after a short delay the audio is coming to my aids. Now once I stop the stream my aids stay with the IPad until I start a stream from the iPhone and after a short delay my aids are back connected and receiving the stream from the iPhone. What I had to do to get it to work was a little strange. I forgot the aids on both devices then restarted both devices and powered off the aids. I restarted both devices and went to where I pair my aids on both devices then powered on my aids. And paired to my iPhone first and iPad second. The IPad didn’t accept the pairing at first but afterwards my aids were paired to both. I have repeated the process a second time to make sure it wasn’t a fluke.

Here is a copy of the way I got my aids working with both my iPhone and iPad please try it if you can and let’s see if others can duplicate my results.

Hearing aid settings .pdf (13.5 KB)

5 Likes

I’ll give this a go again as I use my iPad Pro daily as well as my iPhone 13 Pro and would be good if this feature did work with regards to hand off as do sometimes forget to turn one or the other off, then they would fight for connection.

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks. I printed that for future reference. It appears we have the same mobile devices too.
I get my aids in a couple of weeks.

EDIT A minor correction. I believe the firmware is 1,4.2, not just 4.2.

1 Like