Oticon More and Bluetooth options?

I’m currently trying out two Oticon Mores (More 2 MiniRITE R to be exact) and curious to hear anyone else’s experience with Bluetooth?

I like that connecting to my Android phone is fairly simple (though the ON app doesn’t do much), but I haven’t been able to connect them to my Android tablet or Windows 10 laptop.

I suspect this is due to the type of Bluetooth these aids use, which is different from the Phonak Paradise aids I also tried a while back.

Is a streamer (Oticon ConnectClip?) the only way to go with Oticon?

Yes you will need to have the connect clip. The aids will only connect directly with a few Android phones, the list is on the Oticon website. Also MFI enabled Apple devices, but not the Apple Watch. As for the ON app I have to agree the app is limited and there are tons of complaints on the Apple App Store about the ON app. I have the IPhone 13 and IPad mini 5 and by the way can’t connect to both at one time with out issues

2 Likes

I have the Oticon More. I don’t have a problem connecting to my iPhone 11 or the TV Adapter 3.0. The Bluetooth will only connect to a computer with the Connect Clip. I wonder if others have good experience with Oticon’s Connect Clip and is it worth the added cost?

2 Likes

I’m confused why yours don’t work with your apple watch. I can answer calls on mine!

I get my call stream directly to my aids, and use the iPhone microphone to talk over. The Oticon More1 aids don’t allow full hands free yet, but my audiologist claims it is coming later this year

2 Likes

Is there a reason that you didn’t keep the Phonak Paradise aids? I love the Bluetooth connectivity and it’s pretty reliable.

I use the connect clip with my MacBook, Fire tablet, and even my iPad at times. The connect clip comes in very handy for podcast, zoom meets, and Audible.

The ConnectClip is a very versatile device.
-Remote Mic
-Bluetooth streamer for PC/Tablet/Phone
-Remote control w/Mute function
-Hands free phone calls
Yes, it’s worth it.

2 Likes

Well I liked Phonak (and have worn two of their hearing aids over the past 15 years) but I wanted first to also give Oticon a try (which I’ve never heard) as well as Starkey (the latter of which offers the only custom option with Bluetooth for my hearing loss)… hope to make a final decision soon!
Phonak’s Bluetooth connectivity is indeed the best out there right now I think, but sound quality should be my first criteria (and the most difficult to compare).

1 Like

I haven’t decided yet. :slight_smile: Just curious about Oticon as well (which I’ve never worn) and also Starkey (which I’ve worn before), especially since only one of the above is available as a custom ITE style.