Oticon More 2-Way Hands-Free Streaming for iPhone and iPad

That is quite interesting. Yes, I didn’t make my hearing aid decision based on the bluetooth capability either, but on the ability of the aids to help me hear in challenging environments, but that said, bluetooth connectivity that is universal would be terrific, especially with laptops.

1 Like

Firmware 1.3.0 is out for Oticon Mores and enables hands-free calling with iPhone.

But… How can I disable it? I want to use my iPhone mic but now it uses the right hearing aid mic.

1 Like

How does it work??
Any self programmers install the update yet??
Anxious to hear the reports.

Thanks
Mike

Is the new firmware part of a Genie 2 update? If it was part of a Genie 2 update, what version is the new one?

Many thanks.

I’m not sure if it was part of the Genie 2 update, but I use version 2022.1 of Genie 2.

They have also fixed the TV Adapter/ConnectClip streaming volume. Before it was way too loud, now it’s more normal. I used volume 5 before in the Oticon ON when using the TV Adapter. Now I can use volume 14 and it sounds really good.

1 Like

I have you searched in the Gene 2 software to see if there are options as for as the hands free. I don’t want to get stuck with having to always use the microphone on the hearing aid for calls, that is crazy if I am in a noisy environment .

I searched in Genie 2 but couldn’t find anything. I’ve created a new thread and maybe someone can find a solution to this:

1 Like

Ok thanks. I am running 2021.2.1 and don’t see an update to 2022.1 available. Were you able to download 2022.1? Mind sharing the details offline?

I don’t see any new update either and I’m an Oticon DIY person as well. I suspect (and @Spindel can confirm) that the update has only been released in Europe, and I’m guessing that @Spindel is based out of Europe, hence the European folks see the update over there, but us US folks don’t see it yet.

2 Likes

Per Oticon. the update is due on Feb. 24th in the USA

2 Likes

Yes, I’m from Sweden. Oticons are made in Denmark (a country next to Sweden). So I guess the update is not available in US yet. I got the update 2022.1 with the Genie Updater.

1 Like

So I have OPN S so sadly, won’t be getting this (I assume…) but curious … the announcement talked about “product release” .- any ideas what that would refer to?

According to my audiologist it is an expansion of the More line of hearing aids. But we should find out more tomorrow or the next day

Probably so, but my audiologist said the was pretty sure all the expansion of MORE was out already … we shall see

The update is available now…

Any brave souls out there? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have to wait until either Oticon releases it to the VA or the VA IT makes it available to the audiology clinics. I am willing to wait to see if I get to choose hands free or using the iPhone microphone or if I am stuck with hands free, which I don’t want to be stuck with no options.

1 Like

Hopefully the mic choice is user selectable and a function of the Oticon ON app update as you suggested. I don’t see that out yet.

Me either, but I have seen before that the app doesn’t update until it sees a change in the aids.

I updated mine a few days ago, no issues and just made sure I had the HA config saved before I did the update. No adverse effects on the HA either, I haven’t checked within Genie to see if anything has been added yet though in respect of the s/w or the aid but the handsfree with the iPhone works ok, still need connect clip with laptop though from what I see so far, don’t see a way around that but will confirm.

3 Likes

Many thanks for the feedback. Are you able to go back and forth between the iPhone mic and using the HAs for full hands-free?

To your point, I don’t understand why MFI is not available on the Mac… it would be a great accessibility feature…