The New Oticon Xceed is the World’s Most Powerful Hearing Aid
Oticon completes its hearing aid portfolio with the launch of the Oticon Xceed and Oticon Xceed Play power hearing aids for profound hearing loss. Hearing care professionals now have access to the most updated hearing aid portfolio on the market with a complete range of hearing aids, all featuring the Velox S platform.
Copenhagen, Denmark, August 20th, 2019 – Leading hearing aid provider, Oticon, is pleased to unveil two new hearing aids designed for severe-to-profound hearing loss which provide power hearing aid users with the Oticon open sound experience for the first time ever. Introducing the new Oticon Xceed power hearing aid for adults and the new Oticon Xceed Play paediatric hearing aid. With these new additions, Oticon offers a full portfolio of hearing aids, all of which are powered by the Velox S™ platform - Oticon’s fastest and most advanced platform ever - making it the most updated portfolio available in the market.
The new Oticon Xceed power hearing aid is the world’s most powerful hearing aid, delivering the highest gain and output in the industry: 146 dB SPL MPO and 87 dB full-on gain. An industry first, Oticon Xceed with Oticon’s BrainHearing™ technologies, OpenSound Navigator™ and OpenSound Optimizer™, improves speech clarity by 10%, reduces the listening effort that power users struggle with in most situations every day by 10%, and increases short term recall by 15%.(1)
Thanks to the groundbreaking ultra-fast OpenSound Navigator™ and the revolutionary OpenSound Optimizer™ Oticon Xceed brings a radical new approach to hearing care for super and ultra power hearing aid users by:
- providing 360° access to speech with no directionality limitations
- delivering optimal gain with a fitting of 6 dB more stable gain proving up to 20% more speech cues to the brain(2).
- ensuring consistent access to speech by preventing feedback and dramatically reducing the many daily gain reductions throughout the day
- significantly reducing disturbing noise by applying fast and effective noise reduction, that cleans noise even between words, and can improve the signal-to-noise ratio with up to 11 dB, giving a clearer access to the speech signal
- integrating 2.4 GHz Bluetooth® low energy for high-quality streaming of sound to both ears from devices such as TV’s, FM systems and modern smartphones, making everyday life easier.
The new Oticon Xceed Play hearing aid is truly setting a new standard among paediatric power hearing aids. For the very first time, with the new super and ultra power hearing aids, children with severe-to-profound hearing loss experience open sound and get 360° access to clear speech, thanks to the two BrainHearing™ features, OpenSound Navigator™ and OpenSound Optimizer™. Oticon Xceed Play helps paediatric power users of all ages hear more, helping them to better benefit from incidental learning, and provides better conditions for speech understanding and language development. Furthermore, Oticon Xceed Play is child play ready - IP68 certified, these hearing aids are protected against water, dust and debris.
“With the launch of the two new Xceed instruments we are ensuring those that depend entirely on their hearing aid receive all the support they can get,” says Thomas Behrens, Chief Audiologist, Oticon. “By introducing Oticon Xceed and Oticon Xceed Play, we now offer hearing care professionals a full power portfolio, from fitting level 105 to the whole new fitting level 120, and have made the open sound experience available for all users, from mild through to profound hearing loss, in all styles. We are very proud to offer hearing care professionals such a comprehensive product range featuring the most updated technology for their patients,” concludes Thomas Behrens.
Further news from Oticon:
- Oticon CROS, the world’s first CROS/BiCROS hearing solution with OpenSound Navigator™ and TwinLink™ dual-streaming technology, enabling people with single-sided deafness to hear and engage in their world like never before.
- Bimodal fitting: new bimodal fitting tools are now available in Oticon Genie 2 and ensures Oticon Opn S™, Oticon Opn Play™, Oticon Xceed and Oticon Xceed Play hearing aids can be fitted together with most cochlear implants.
- Oticon RemoteCare™, Oticon’s remote hearing after-care service, is now available globally. Oticon RemoteCare adds to existing clinic services. Hearing care professionals can stay close to hearing aid users while saving them the time and effort of going to a clinic for check-ups, hearing aid adjustments, counselling and advice.
- Oticon ON App is being released in a new and user-friendly design.
For more information on Oticon visit: www.oticon.global and more information on Oticon Xceed here and Oticon Xceed Play here. All solutions will be made available from 20th August 2019. Please check with your local representative for local availability.
500 million people worldwide suffer from hearing loss. The majority are over the age of 50 while eight percent are under the age of 18. It is Oticon’s ambition that our customers - hearing clinics throughout the world - prefer to use our products for people with impaired hearing. Through passion, dedication and professional expertise, Oticon develops and manufactures hearing aids for both adults and children. Oticon supports every kind of hearing loss from mild to severe and we pride ourselves on developing some of the most innovative hearing aids in the market. Headquartered out of Denmark, we are a global company and part of Demant with more than 14,500 employees and revenues of over DKK 14 billion. www.oticon.global
(1) Ng 2019, Oticon Whitepaper
(2) For best practice fittings with prescribed amplification, Ng & Rumley 2019, Oticon Whitepaper