Oticon intents problem

Hello,
After 7 years of OPN i bought Intents few months ago, im not entirely happy with them. They are bigger, i prefer batteries and streaming connectivy is worst than Opns, i dont feel like i hear better than Opns, the neural network thing is rather dissapoinment. But main issue i want to ask here is when im in noisy situations, typically street with passing cars, when i move head or ear the sounds of passing cars is burstly amplified for a short period of time and its very annoying. It also happens in loud restaurant. I have genie+noah link i first thougt its caused with new gyroskop feature so i turned it off but it didnt helped, i can turn it off only when i turn off all features even noise supressions to 0DB, which is not good for such a pricey aids.
I plan to borrow other pairs of intents to compare if its just falsey units, but want to ask - does anybody here have same problem?

1 Like

I have the INTENT1 aids and have just the opposite results, i don’t believe your aids are adjusted correctly. And if you have domes that definitely could be the issue
As for as connectivity the INTENT1 aids with my Samsung S23 phone is awesome. No issues of disconnecting at all.
I have no issues with wind noise, or noisy environments. Going to restaurants is a pleasant time. My speech understanding has gone way up. I am concerned that your aids haven’t been properly adjusted for your needs. Also like I said it could be that domes are the issue, i wear custom ear molds.

2 Likes

What you said in bold above is not true. I just tried it in Genie 2, as seen below, where the Sensor Technology feature (in the middle of the screenshot) is unchecked, and I tried to change values of the other parameters, and I’m still able to change all the other parameters to what I want.

Below is a chart where if it shows an example of how the noise reduction performs if you disable the 4D Sensor technology → you just get the blue dashed line of how the noise suppression is set that is not 4D driven, which would have resulted in the envelope of blue noise suppression. So it’s pretty obvious that it’s possible to turn off the 4D sensor feature and still have everything else work just the same without anything becoming unavailable because you choose to turn off the 4D Sensor feature.

2 Likes

The blue tooth connectivity on my Intent 1 is horrible! I spend so much frustrating time getting them to connect. You would think that with the price of these aids it would be easy. I had much less trouble with the OpnS. I to, don’t see that much of a difference in the hearing. Very disappointing.

What phone and devices donyou have? My INTENT1 aids have great connectivity to my Samsung s23 phone.
And i use the connect clip with my other android base devices. Not all android devices are created equally. I walked away from IOS devices because of connectivity issues. And i use the Oticon beta app when I even bother to use an app.
I just wish people understood that 99% of the complaints about hearing aid connectivity is due to the hearing aids, but due to the devices they want to connect to. And it is also the nature of all types of connectivity. WIFI can interfere with Bluetooth connectivity. And now withe 5G cellular it also will interfere with Bluetooth. And that Bluetooth is line of sight very short range. So yes having the phone in your pants pocket can cause connectivity issues. Why do you think that Bluetooth and even Wifi is changing so fast they still haven’t figured it out.