Oticon Intent Bluetooth Streaming Quirk

I’ve had Oticon Intent HAs for about a month now, replacing Phonak P90.

The Intents are very good overall, though honestly I don’t notice all that much difference from my Phonaks. I’d say things sound more natural with the Oticons, and in fact I used Genie2 to boost the upper frequencies a bit to get things brighter (less natural?) like the Phonaks I’m used to. I’m also not a huge fan of the fatter profile of the Intents, though that’s a very minor quibble. General sound quality, battery life, and hands-free phone calls are all great.

I do a lot of Bluetooth streaming from my Android phone (Google Pixel Fold). My streaming is almost exclusively podcasts, which is to say speech, and I suspect monophonic speech at that. One “glitch” I’ve noticed with streaming audio is that periodically it sounds slightly out-of-sync between the two ears, which makes it seem as if the speaker has suddenly moved to my right (but audio is still coming from both HAs). Then after a few seconds it will pop back to normal and the sound again seems like it’s coming from the center of my head.

Anyone else experience this glitch? As others have pointed out, BT LE Audio is very new, and I’m also using a super new (beta) release of Android, so I’m guessing this is just a growing pain. Hard to know if it’s more likely an issue with the Intents or with Android (or both).

I have the INTENT1 aids for about 2 weeks now, and the Samsung S23 phone and i have noticed the sam glitch while streaming audiobooks. And by the way hands free isn’t working with the Samsung S23 phone at this time due to a bug that hopefully gets fixed with this month’s update.
I also use the connect clip to stream from my fire tablet and android tablet so the glitch must be due to the aids and not the phone.

Yes, but with Philips 9040. Happens rarely and- like with you- rights itself within a few seconds. Pixel 8 Pro.

Yes but with my Oticon Xceed.

1 Like

Thanks, that’s good information. Though I think your tablet probably also runs Android, so it could still be Android.