Oticon intent and LE AUDIO

I have a Sumsung A54 5g phone.
Sure didnt want to have to buy a new phone for sreaming music and the phone function to work.
LE AUDIO function is now working on my phone.
I had already updated the UI to 6.1
Had to unpair the intent HAs.
Turned off bluetooth service than back on.
Deleted the Companion app.
Restarted the phone.
Downloaded and installed the Compannion app again.
Paired HAs through companion app.
Checked controls in compainion were working.
Checked if streaming music. Sounded ok.
Checked bluetooth connection under settings.
Saw it looked different. Phone now has a toggle switch to turn on LE Audio function and also has volume controls for each hearing aid.
Turned on the LE Audio function.
Phone seems to be working ok.
I suspect there may be a few hickups here and there as they (samsung and oticon) work out any problems that arise.
I think my phone mic sounds ok but not 100% sure yet.
This makes me happy.

2 Likes

@David_M1 ,
That is great to hear. Thank you for the update.
I see the same options on my S23 with the Jabra EP 20s. This is good to know.

Another post informs us that Android 15 will have a number of fixes for LE Audio and dual mode phones {ASHA and LE Audio).

Enjoy your new phone and HAs!

1 Like

That’s one of the phone listed to have that capability.
Bluetooth LE Audio FAQ: Four years later, here’s what you need to know! | Android Central

“As of March 2024, the list of devices compatible with Bluetooth LE audio isn’t very long. Based on a press release, Samsung’s phones like the Galaxy Z Flip 5 and Galaxy Z Fold 5, Galaxy S23, Galaxy A54, as well as select older devices will get LE Audio with Auracast broadcast support in One UI 6.1. The Galaxy S24 already supports the standard. Sony’s Xperia 5V supports LE, as well as Google’s Pixel 7, and Pixel 8 series. ASUS Zenfone 10 has been confirmed, but you’ll need a pair of earbuds that also support it to get the full benefit and the choices aren’t many when you look at the multitude of Blueooth-enabled earbuds and headphones on the market.”

2 Likes

I am definitely looking forward to getting my INTENT1 aids this next month.

1 Like

I read the article also a few days ago. Found my phone was at UI 6.0 so updated to 6.1…
Streaming music and phone mic still wasn’t working correctly for several days after the upgrade.
So wiping everything out and repairing the HAs did the trick. I dont exspect them to be perfect at this point but thats a big plus. My audiologist set them up in the office originally so i waited a little before i uninstalled and reinstalled.

This site is very informative and I’ve got alot I can study and learn. Im new to HAs and must say i liked them when i put them on. Didnt realize how bad my hearing had gotten.

2 Likes