Oticon Intent aid stopped connecting / responding to button

My left Oticon Intent aid has stopped connecting via Noahlink Wireless or Bluetooth. I cannot restart it, as it is not responding to button clicks or switching itself off when placed on the charger. Is there a way to factory reset it, or do I need to wait for the battery to be flat?

Your best bet is take your aids to your audiologist. And get them repaired.

1 Like

It restarted itself after a few hours, and is now accepting connections again. I’ll take them to my audi if it happens again.

If it has done it once it will more than likely do it again. The nect time it may not recover. The audiologist should be able to run diagnostic test to determine if there is a problem.

I had a situation where a bad connection to the NoahLink Wireless left my Intent1s in a similar state. Thought about having to leave the battery go flat for them to reboot on their own since putting them in the charger would not help reset them and the regular power down would not work. Apparently they never actually turn off (for example, they report as charging while on the charger indicating a persistent wireless connection to the phone)

Found out that holding the power button down for 30 seconds results in a hard reset. The programming is still there but that is the equivalent of a cold boot.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

press and hold the power button for about 45 seconds, that should work.This issue happens with my Intents from time to time, and every single one of them was resolved with a hard reset.

1 Like

Correct me if i’m wrong but i don’t think Oticon Genie has a factory reset option. I was actually searching the forum for this very thing. Strange because i’m sure Phonak and ReSound do have it and i was kinda expecting Oticon to have it as well.