Oticon Genie2 2020.2 fitting software update available

Oh, Oticon call these Earmolds. A DIY School PDF file named
(Fitting Instructions Oticon Genie2; More-Own)
has a link (at the very end) to; Genie 2 | 2022.1 Quick Fitting Guide.

The guide has information about Oticon Earmolds starting around pages 24/25.

Your audiologist chooses the vent size based on your hearing loss.

eta: Your (85dB earphone) is usually called a receiver or a speaker.

1 Like

Tip: As you can see on Page 64, two different Wax Protection filters are used, ProWax miniFit for your 85 miniFit receivers, and ProWax for your Earmolds. Though maybe because you have the earmolds, you could get by with only replacing the outer ProWax filters, as the inner ProWax miniFit filters are well protected. But that’s Your call??

2 Likes

What model are your HAs, looks like the older Alta or similar using the programming shoe.
Yeah your molds are the hard acrylic, nice and easy to clean.

1 Like

Maybe Alta RITE: https://wdh02.azureedge.net/-/media/oticon-us/main/download-center/ria2/ifu/151824us-alta2nera2ria2-rite-instructions.pdf?rev=C26E&la=en

I also was looking for that option in Preferences but seems it is not a customizable view. Used to orientate by color. But yeah, was confusing at first :slight_smile:

Oh btw> If you have the urge to replace the inner ProWax miniFit filter on your 85 miniFit receivers be aware that it’s not exactly simple. It requires a tool. Worse yet there are two different tools;

Here’s a video explanation; Attaching an earmold on Oticon miniRITE RIC hearing aids - YouTube

2 Likes

My hearing aids are Oticon Alta 2. Now I have fitted the Genie almost perfectly. My audiologist offered to buy new hearing aids. I tested the latest Siemens Signia hearing aids. They have a lot more features than mine. But all I care about is a good understanding of speech. I wonder if you have successfully treated bilateral degeneration of auricle. It is a genetically progressive disease.

Sorry, I am not an Audiologist (AuD). I am just a DIYer.

Hi, upgrading Genie appears to have removed the code that allowed me to program my NHS Oticon Engage aids and I cannot find the note I made recording it.

Is someone able to help please?

Thanks.

I have all the software i need and I have a Noahlink wireless device. I have been self programming my Phonaks for a couple of years so Im good there. I just ordered a new pair of Oticon Own 1’s CIC, BUT I am getting the ones WITHOUT the 2.4 module. So my question is there a device I can buy that will allow me to program these new aids with the Genie software? I know it will need to be wired but I can’t find anywhere in this forum that tells me what specifically I will need here. any help is appreciated.

1 Like

Instructions for this are available at DIY School. If you don’t know (or forgot how) to find DIY School, It’s simple, just Click PVC’s Avatar from any forum post or message and then; Click PVC’s Featured Topic;
Please find a DIY School pdf document named
(Fitting Instructions Oticon Genie2;More-Own)

1 Like

Ok so it’s really easy to check in Genie for the exact requirements, so just make up a demo/simulation client and you will then be able see the exact device that you need including what cables, same as target and other manufacturers software.

1 Like

I just got a pair of More 1’s. I picked up a Noahlink a while ago. I would like a link to a download of Oticon Genie 2 2022.2…please.
Thanks
Michael

Sure, sounds like your just about ready for DIY then, keep us posted on your progress.

1 Like

I have these, the silicone domes wouldn’t stay in place. My audi calls them “canal locks”. Very small vent.

Hi
I purchased the NoahLink and can’t seem to find the download for Genie2. Would anyone happen to have the link or able to share a copy.
Thanks

Hi, I have Oticon More 1 and Noha link, and Genie 2022 can you send me update for 2.2. Thank you in advance. John

Okay, Though you likely have that update already sitting on your computer. Read the last page of a DIY School PDF file named (Fitting Instructions Oticon Genie2; More-Own). It describes how to use the Genie Updater to keep your software up to date.

May anyone share his copy of Oticon Genie2 please? Thanks a lot!

done

1 Like

I just got a pair of More 1’s. I recently bought a Noahlink for my Phonak P. I would like a link to a download of Oticon Genie 2 2022.2… please.
Thanks very much