Oticon Genie2 2020.2 fitting software update available

This is the link I used to use, too. But unfortunately just recently with the 2022.1 update, they’ve moved that version (and eventually all the older versions as well) to the new site that requires an approved registered account. I took a peek at the application and it looks like it’s more for a business and not for individual users.

So I don’t really know how much longer DIY individuals like us will be able to find the most up-to-date programming software to use in the future. Just for Genie 2 version 2022.1, I could only update because I had 2021.2.1 installed before, so I just did the update from there and it worked. But for DIY folks who need brand new installations, I’m not sure how they’re going to be able to do that anymore.

If anybody finds a new link somewhere that allows DIY individuals like us to download, please share with us here on the forum.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t worry to much, as it’s quite common for the software to pop up on eBay, I suspect most manufacturers software will go this way.

Hm, I went on eBay and typed in Oticon Genie 2 2022.1 software and the search returned only 2 results: one for a set of disc of Genie 2 2010.2 and one set of discs of Genie 2014.2. There’s nothing even in the 2020 or 2021 range. So I’m not too optimistic at the eBay route. Heck, they don’t even print out computer discs for software anymore. Almost everything is done via downloads nowadays anyway.

Don’t pay EBay vultures for free fitting software!!
Just ask for what you want and you will likely receive it.

Ask who? The provider whom you buy the hearing aids from?

No, of course not. Maybe ask someone who is willing to share a copy. You can ask here;

1 Like

Try another time,they pop up every now and then, but discs, na it’s mostly USB drive now.

Why not, I’ve seen some pretty cheap prices, like $30, it’s a small price to pay to get what you need, now I know of a couple of eBay members that have supplied me software over the years, I don’t see any problem with this at all.

The problem is that instead of paying $30 you can get it for free. Just ask for it!

3 Likes

Oh yeah in most cases this is how it works, but in the future and for those that can’t get a “free” copy eBay is always an option.

But they can get a free copy, now, and in the future. Nothing has changed except that one online link was shuttered. That one link being shuttered is no big deal.

1 Like

Oh ok,well I thought the end was near for the Oticonians, well we can only hope that they don’t put every support page/link behind a privileged “account only” which wouldn’t surprise me, in fact I’ve been waiting for it to happen.

@tenkan

@pvc

The amount of people who have to re ask for the software again because their computer has crashed is quite a lot.

I bought a Phonak Target disk on eBay. That way, I’ve always got a back up and it cost only £16 which I think is around $25.

1 Like

What’s a “disk”? Hahahaha, I’m just kidding. To each/his-or-her own. It that works for you then that’s fine.

Though, I will always counter any recommendation to Buy Software with a (Don’t Pay for free fitting Software) reminder. Why? Because it is not just a single recommendation for the one newbie who is asking the question!! It also pertains to countless other newbies who may be lurking. If you take into consideration the other lurking newbies, then that one recommendation to Buy free fitting software may end up with thousands of wasted newbie dollars/pounds for something that is otherwise free. I think that results in terrible advice for the countless newbies. And the thing that really chaps my hide is that some EBay sellers are obtaining the software from “here” and then reselling it to these unsuspecting newbies.

Newbies; If you want software ask for it here;

4 Likes

I never thought of it this way, but boy, that WOULD chap my hide as well.

1 Like

Hi GeekMan! How can I download Genie2?
Thanks!

Check your private messages.

Hi guys I’m also looking for a download link for * Oticon Genie2 2022.1

Will check message inbox.

And by the way - is there a MacOS version? Or Windows only?

Adirotem@gmail.com

1 Like

Sure,It’s available, but don’t forget you’ll need the correct programming device as well.

You’ll need to run Mac OS on virtual machine program, parallels,VirtualBox, or bootcamp.

2 Likes

Hi GeekMan! How can I download Genie2?
Thanks!