Oticon Genie does not recognise Noah Link Wireless

I have a problem with connection between NoahLink wireless and Genie 2. Noahlink works, I know it for sure as I can connect it to my Phonak and Signia aids. Also, the green light blinks upon connecting to usb port. When I go with “Detect” I get message

Why it does not show Noahlink wireless, but only HiPro? Nothing in preferences to choose programming device.

Any idea?
Thanks
I had Opns eariler and it worked flawlessly, so what is the problem here?

You need to choose Noahlink wireless programming device before trying to connect to your HAs, as in make sure it’s listed in the drop down menu in Genie, genie should definitely detect the Noahlink as soon as it’s connected, have you tried restarting the PC and loading genie to see if what happens.
What model of HAs are you trying to program?

Maybe things get messed-up when Noahlink Wireless is connected before you install the fitting software resulting in pre-mature hardware recognition. That is, before the fitting software installs the Noahlink Wireless driver.

First of all you should update to Genie2 2022.1. Right-button click Genie Updater in your Windows Sys Tray at the bottom right of your monitor and check the status of Genie Updater. If you just finished installing Genie2, then restart your computer to give Genie Updater a fresh perspective of what needs updating. Don’t expect speedy downloads from Genie Updater. Normal updating time is half/hour or so. Keep monitoring Genie Updater status to be aware of current status.

At the risk of providing information that may be deemed pretentious :thinking:, you should find and read a DIY School file named (04 Noahlink Wireless - Instructions For Use). It provides information about how to look at the Noahlink Wireless drivers and such.

Just Click PVC’s Avatar on any PVC forum post and then click PVC’s Featured Topic to find DIY School.

Our understanding of this issue is likely an incomplete understanding. If you plug-in Noahlink Wireless into a USB drive on your computer prior to installing the fitting software you get a Driver not available condition, as Noahlink Wireless under Other devices. When you plug-in Noahlink Wireless into a USB drive on your computer after installing the fitting software you get a valid Noahlink Wireless driver under HIMSA.

However, whether plugging-in before or after the fitting software seems to correctly install the Noahlink Wireless driver under HIMSA. Therefore, whether connecting before or after it still ends up installing the correct driver. Maybe do a restart??

I could not choose Noahlink wireless as it wasn’t offered at all. Now, after Genie update, everything works

1 Like

Nothing to do with plugging before/after running the software. The problem was in software version. Don’t know why as I used the very same software few years ago. Anyway, problem has been solved, thanks everyone for help

This is the second recent (cannot connect to Noahlink Wireless) problem that was solved by Genie Updater. Here’s the other;