Oticon firmware updates

Thank
What do I do if not notified by my audiologist that my hearing aid firmware needs to be updated? During an appt with an ENT, the Ent’s audiologist informed me that the hearing aids were missing 2 firmware updates. I could call the audiologist which is uncomfortable at best and though I would be alerting them to something that they should have done, I will most likely have made a poor situation worse. The ENT audiologist charged me $75.00 because I did not purchase the aids from them. She also showed me that the HA did not charge. I was quite surprised because the light was green when I charged them that morning. She sent them to have warrantee replacement.

What is the level of support I should receive from an audiologist who sells me $6500 hearing aids? Oticon says that they notify the Audiologist only. Could we start a thread that notifies us when firmware is updated?

1 Like

Firmware updates come out at different times. Likely hood, when you got the Aids, the firmware was correct.

They can’t check thousands of clients to see what firmware you all have.

The software notifies the Audi when she connects your Aids that the firmware needs updating.

1 Like

I have never been notified about firmware updates, I am normally the one notifying my audiologist that there are firmware updates available or up coming. I normally find out about the updates here on this forum by the way.

2 Likes

This forum is basically where I hear about any changes and in many cases be careful of what you are requesting. Such as the bug that was discussed in here about the More update to 1.4 I am still running 1.3 because I have seen no reason to update at this point. I’m not a believer in needing the latest and greatest unless I am having problems and at this stage that is not my circumstance.

2 Likes

Like others, I notified my audiologist, but they would have noticed next time my aids were connected to their PC. I think most of the updates are regarding connectivity (Bluetooth).

2 Likes