Oticon engage android support

Hey, I have got Oticon engage form NHS in uk, they got Bluetooth so when I was first given Bluetooth hearing aids I was so happy as they work with my iPhone X like a headphones.

Now I am thinking of moving to android phone pixel 7. I can’t anywhere if I can stream music and take calls on pixel as well.

Anyone got Oticon engage and android pavone can guide me. I know there is android app for them.

The pixel seven is a new phone so you might have to wait to see if it is compatible with your hearing aids usually they have a list of phones on the oticon website i think that says what phones they are compatible with. The engage hearing aids aren’t listed I don’t think but here is a link to compatible phones list. Hearing aids compatibility guide | Oticon

@hamidmunir9

Engage only works for iPhone or iPad for music and calls and the App.

The App is the only thing that Android will work with.

https://www.oticon.co.uk/hearing-aid-users/hearing-aids/products/engage

1 Like

A quick Google search shows the above information is incomplete.

In what way is it incomplete?

Optician Engage is NHS only so won’t be in the normal Oticon pages.

Second link I linked, shows it says only iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.

Engage is Opn technology, not even the Opn S tech.

@hamidmunir9

Also my friend has the Engage PP, a personal iPhone and work Android phone.

He can confirm that he’s never been able to connect his work phone despite it being an Android that works with the Oticon More.

Not exactly, it mentions MFI and is a simple acknowledgement that it is an Apple product. A continued search indicates it is compatible with Android 10 (or higher) and bluetooth 5.0 (or higher).

I could probably help your friend get connected to his Android work phone (if it’s compatible and IT hasn’t locked out user changes).

The Google Pixel 7 ships with Android 13 on it. It will have the best HA support to date, of any Android phone. The Pixel 7 was just released this week. Android 13 will be released to many current model phones before the year is up.

So a rebranded Oticon Opn is now able to stream to Android? I was told it’s too old! OR are you meaning just the App?!

The hospital are telling everyone who have Android, that they must get a ConnectClip.

Lots of people are complaining on the UK Deaf FB Group that I admin, that they are not able to connect to Android.

2 Likes

From what google says Android 10 or higher and a phone that supports Bluetooth 5.0 or higher.

The devil is in the details, simply saying Android isn’t enough detail, not knowing phone model is not enough.

I suspect anyone with old HAs and an old Android phone will have trouble.

For Oticon Engage???

Do you have links?

You are asking for a link to google?

Well no!!! :roll_eyes: :joy:

The link to the Engage working for Android as nothing is coming up!

Where you finding that either Opn (not the S) or Engage works with Android for streaming?!

Even the Xceed which is newer tech to the Engage won’t work for Android (not including the App) according to Oticon website!!!

1 Like

Hey zebras. do you have any information about Oticon engage P ? fitting range and its data sheet ? thank you

Goes to 105 dB. Believe it starts at 20 dB?

1 Like

i lost them , only in psoting a few hours on ebay, and immediately sold

Likely got taken down by eBay rather then sold as they are locked to the NHS.

Pixel 7 is fully ASHA compatible (it’s Google’s phone which invented ASHA…) it works with my Signias just fine (and should work with any other ASHA HAs as its universal). You can pick call through them but you cannot use them as mic, for speaking. Speaking through HAs during calls is only possible with iPhones .

Just letting you know that Phonak has been using the HA mics to talk hands free on both Android and iphones for 6-7 years I believe. It’s a great feature that many really like.

1 Like

Marvel came out in 2018 with the Audeo first.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all! Thanks for having me!

I want to bite the bullet on a Pixel Pro 7, but listening to music is important to me (not bothered about using it as a phone) I have the Oticon Engage BTE PP - anybody manage to link them up? Cheers!

Audeo B-Direct in 2017. Phonak launches Audéo B-Direct, "Made for All" Bluetooth Hearing Aid