Oticon # 222 Li-Ion Battery for OPN S

You are correct in that they are not explicitly listed for sale, except maybe the off-again/on-again EBay $65USD ones. Sorry, I am not trying to be coy or secretive. You would have to seek a source even though they are not listed for sale on EBay. That’s how I found the $79/Ouch! source, and the $35 source. There are some (hints only) 5 posts above because I don’t want to make public announcements without consent.

1 Like

May I have the link to the Z22A’s please. Thank you

If you are a Provider I am sure you can get them from Oticon.
What is your interest in Ebay???

Michael…Oticon has made these very difficult to obtain unless you are an audi with an account with them.

We are not talking about obtaining the original batteries:

• OpnS; Z22 Li-Ion - 3.8 V d.c. / 17.5 mAh (ZeniPower)
  • More; Li-ion accu 60 L3 - 3.7 V d.c. / 20.5 mAh (PowerOne)

We are talking about a third/After-Market battery that works for both;

• After-Market; Z22A Li-Ion - 3.8 V d.c. / 20.0 mAh (ZeniPower)

Yep, it’s a little confusing. But the Z22A is available for $79, $65, & $35.

ETA: Sorry, I guess you already knew about After-Market Z22A’s. Hard as it may be to obtain batteries for Oticon, at least the batteries are user replaceable, (which sadly) is not the case for other brands.

• Yep, that’s the same the off-again/on-again EBay seller for $65 each. I guess he raised his price to $70 each. I don’t begrudge the seller making a profit. But $70 each is a high price!
  • A different EBay seller has them for $35 each, or half that price. Though, not listed for sale.
  • Someone got them from their aidiologist for $32.50 each. Here’s a link.

Hahaha, the two $70 each EBay listing you posted just sold for $140.

@pvc: I don’t recall ever having made reference to Z22 batteries. All I said was that the receptionist who tried to replace the failed batteries in my Mores while the audi was on vacation made a mistake and installed batteries specd for OpnS 1 aids. At least this is what the audiologist told me on his return.

But Z22 never entered into any of my posts,
nor was that battery type ever mentioned in any conversation with my audiologist.

Yes, I agree you did not specify the name of the battery. I added the battery name for clarity. AFAIK there are three;

• OpnS; Z22 Li-Ion - 3.8 V d.c. / 17.5 mAh (ZeniPower)
  • More; Li-ion accu 60 L3 - 3.7 V d.c. / 20.5 mAh (PowerOne)
  • After-Market; Z22A Li-Ion - 3.8 V d.c. / 20.0 mAh (ZeniPower)

@pvc: I can’t vouch for the accuracy of your editing. As I said, Z22 never entered into the conversation, and my audi knows that I’m aware of the Z22 fiasco … and to be frank with you, I don’t like being drawn into that subject. It is in no way relevant to my issue.

Perhaps @Volusiano can set the record straight, as I seem to recall that Z22s were pulled from the OpnS product and a regular-type lithium battery subbed in, in its place. He would know, for sure.

oic> I mixed up Z22 with Z22A after market. I deleted the offensive post.

1 Like

Thanks @pvc. Much appreciated.

Silly me. I thought news about EBay buyers plunking down $140-USD a pair for overpriced/double after-market batteries might be important. I guess not. Carry on.

I’ve just read this thread from top to bottom. What’s the point of it all? Seems like a lot of cloak-and-dagger just to get aftermarket hearing aid batteries. Maybe that’s what is scaring folks off …?

My Bad; I posted to the wrong category. I should know better.

The US ebay seller has relisted them as Z22A 3.8V

The seller on eBay has relisted.

2 Likes

does this also apply to bernafon Alpha 7 MNr T . I just bought that hat. but there is no response tool, I checked the battery, still in Full state.

then I tried to connect with Oasis. no response at all.

did I make a mistake ,or is it broken?

so hard to understand,

I open youtu*, in the video, they change the 312+ battery, and the tool is live (like swapping a regular battery)

Hi friends, I found this battery that is supposed to fit oticon rechargeable hearing aids. Has anyone tried it?

Thanks

Doesn’t look like a button cell to me.