Oticon # 222 Li-Ion Battery for OPN S

I agree, not for the More.

If the batteries are the same physical size, there should be no problem.

Capacity. The capacity of a battery is basically a measure of how much power the battery can hold. Think of it as the size of your fuel tank. The unit of measure here is milliamp hours (mAh). This is saying how much drain can be put on the battery to discharge it in one hour.

If the voltage is sufficient and safe, then the other concern would be can the battery deliver the current at the desired rate while sustaining that sufficient voltage. Capacity affects run time, but other than that doesn’t come into play. Similar to what @Fred_Flintstone says, if the battery fits, it sits.

WH

Thanks guys for the battery help. Yep, my neighbor compares mAh/capacity as drinking a glass or water. If you fill the glass with (17.5, 20.0, or 20.5) scoops of water then it will take slightly longer to drink the larger sizes.

I think we are saying that the problem described earlier when a More/20.5 battery was inadvertently replaced with an Opn/17.5 battery resulting in crazy variances (+/- 30% difference between aids after 15 hours) is only due to not performing the software battery reset.

Also if you do some percentage math and relate it to a 24-hour day, then the difference (very-roughly) is;

• Opn17.5 vs More20.5 = 2.5% or 1 hour per day
  • Aftermarket20 vs More20.5 = .25% or half an hour per day

Now all we have to do is find a reasonably priced aftermarket source.

I found a $35 each price for (After-Market; Z22A Li-Ion - 3.8 V d.c. / 20.0 mAh - ZeniPower).

If you look for EBay sellers who also frequently sell Oticon More hearing aids from other than USA countries and inquire about purchasing rechargeable batteries for Oticon, then you are likely to find the same. Hint South Korea/Germany. Though the first SK-source was like $79.

I think that the off-again/on-again EBay seller who keeps replenishing his stash of Z22A batteries and selling them for $65USD is likely purchasing these from the $35 source.

Currently the the Z22A are the only ones available. I am using them in both OPN S and More.

Varta refuses to sell these to consumers. I tried many times and many emails.

Sorry, Just to be clear, the (After-Market; Z22A Li-Ion - 3.8 V d.c. / 20.0 mAh - ZeniPower) that works for;

• Oticon OpnS and
  • Oticon More

are currently available from EBay Sellers for;

• $79 each
  • $65 each
  • $35 each

I can’t seem to find any right now.
$35 is not too bad for a $5 battery :rofl:

You are correct in that they are not explicitly listed for sale, except maybe the off-again/on-again EBay $65USD ones. Sorry, I am not trying to be coy or secretive. You would have to seek a source even though they are not listed for sale on EBay. That’s how I found the $79/Ouch! source, and the $35 source. There are some (hints only) 5 posts above because I don’t want to make public announcements without consent.

1 Like

May I have the link to the Z22A’s please. Thank you

If you are a Provider I am sure you can get them from Oticon.
What is your interest in Ebay???

Michael…Oticon has made these very difficult to obtain unless you are an audi with an account with them.

We are not talking about obtaining the original batteries:

• OpnS; Z22 Li-Ion - 3.8 V d.c. / 17.5 mAh (ZeniPower)
  • More; Li-ion accu 60 L3 - 3.7 V d.c. / 20.5 mAh (PowerOne)

We are talking about a third/After-Market battery that works for both;

• After-Market; Z22A Li-Ion - 3.8 V d.c. / 20.0 mAh (ZeniPower)

Yep, it’s a little confusing. But the Z22A is available for $79, $65, & $35.

ETA: Sorry, I guess you already knew about After-Market Z22A’s. Hard as it may be to obtain batteries for Oticon, at least the batteries are user replaceable, (which sadly) is not the case for other brands.

• Yep, that’s the same the off-again/on-again EBay seller for $65 each. I guess he raised his price to $70 each. I don’t begrudge the seller making a profit. But $70 each is a high price!
  • A different EBay seller has them for $35 each, or half that price. Though, not listed for sale.
  • Someone got them from their aidiologist for $32.50 each. Here’s a link.

Hahaha, the two $70 each EBay listing you posted just sold for $140.

@pvc: I don’t recall ever having made reference to Z22 batteries. All I said was that the receptionist who tried to replace the failed batteries in my Mores while the audi was on vacation made a mistake and installed batteries specd for OpnS 1 aids. At least this is what the audiologist told me on his return.

But Z22 never entered into any of my posts,
nor was that battery type ever mentioned in any conversation with my audiologist.

Yes, I agree you did not specify the name of the battery. I added the battery name for clarity. AFAIK there are three;

• OpnS; Z22 Li-Ion - 3.8 V d.c. / 17.5 mAh (ZeniPower)
  • More; Li-ion accu 60 L3 - 3.7 V d.c. / 20.5 mAh (PowerOne)
  • After-Market; Z22A Li-Ion - 3.8 V d.c. / 20.0 mAh (ZeniPower)

@pvc: I can’t vouch for the accuracy of your editing. As I said, Z22 never entered into the conversation, and my audi knows that I’m aware of the Z22 fiasco … and to be frank with you, I don’t like being drawn into that subject. It is in no way relevant to my issue.

Perhaps @Volusiano can set the record straight, as I seem to recall that Z22s were pulled from the OpnS product and a regular-type lithium battery subbed in, in its place. He would know, for sure.

oic> I mixed up Z22 with Z22A after market. I deleted the offensive post.

1 Like