OTC hearing aid ads

They are already doing this, but not that old, a few platforms behind is all that needed.

1 Like

@Zebras: Wrong, Zebes - I think you qualify in many respects as an “expert user”. (You certainly are a “go-to” for help with that Phonax kit you wear, and have helped many.)

2 Likes

@SpudGunner

Thank you. I appreciate your kind words.

:slight_smile:

@Zebras : Totally earned credits, Zebes!

2 Likes

The ability to program in the self help part is the big issue. Those old aids won’t have any BT at all. They typically were programmed with delicate cables / special adapters and software. I think the effort to make those user self programmable would be harder than what we’ve been seeing.

WH

1 Like

Just to clarify, FWIW, I meant I was looking for a quick list of aids he’s reviewed in order to answer my questions but didn’t find that. I don’t have time or inclination to hunt through a long string of YouTube videos to put together such a list.

Just to add another piece of info for the new OTC market watch-out-fors, in one of Dr. Cliff’s videos he mentioned counterfeit OTC offerings. That never occurred to me. I don’t have much of a criminal mind, I guess.