Ordered the Roger Select today

I have the select IN… I am looking for 2 Roger x (02) Receivers with serials starting 1744 and up. I want to be able to use any Roger stuff.

Right now, I bought a Roger MyLink type 02. Since my Marvels have telecoil…I can use this to hold me over.

Wow! I never knew the Roger Select was so compact!

Really small!! Ordered the new Tile Pro so I can find it.

Well, for some reason my spouse decided we should “do lunch” today (after looking at cemetery plots). I remembered to take the Roger Select iN I have on trial with me. I’m not sure it was much needed in the place we chose for lunch. There weren’t a lot of people there. The primary noise was a bank of TVs over the bar, so just a single, albeit annoying, source.

But, it was clear, with the Roger Select on the table and with the two mics pointing to my spouse on and the rest off, that hearing her was much easier. It was sort of like she was shouting into my ear, which in practical terms means I understood her just fine. No geezer, "eh"s to slow down the conversation, which was mostly about our departed mothers. We’ll have to hunt for a more challenging venue for the next test.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for posting this video! I’m still not sure which device will be best for me! I probably need to be able to point it, while standing and walking. But, I’ll also need to be able to set it on a table. Does anyone know if the pen is less $ than the select?

My Phonak app hasn’t worked at all for me since I got my phone upgrade!! Super disappointed that I lost that control over my aids. I’ve tried everything.

You can get the Pen on eBay for like $149.

You need to use the myPhonak app now. Not the phonak remote. The app changed with the update. And you may need to delete all phonak related Bluetooth connections in the Bluetooth pairings of your phone. For iPhone, this appears under Settings > Bluetooth. Then re-pair.

Saweeet!! thank you!!

Does the pen need a working Phonak remote app to be able to connect and make use of settings??

Since my phone upgrade My Phonak app has been out of commission. I’m streaming and connected through Bluetooth but the app is not working.

I missed this reply! I’m going to try your suggestions!! Thank you!

Oh my gosh you are a lifesaver!! I’m connected! I’ve been lost for almost a whole month! Thank you sooooo much!!!:pray:

Not surprisingly, I’m confused. So, last week, I tried pairing the Roger Select iN I have to trial until the end of the month with the older version of Roger Select that my friend Janis makes the pastor wear at church. Janis then hears the pastor through a myLink thingie she wears around her neck. Nothing worked for me, so I presumed I’d done something wrongly in the pairing.

So, after choir warm up and putting on robes and stuff, I waddled into the sanctuary a few minutes early to catch the pastor and Janis and try a modification of the pairing dance. Low and behold, I didn’t need to. As I walked in the door, the two of them were conversing on the other side of the sanctuary, and I was hearing them just fine. So, even though last week’s attempt to pair didn’t appear to work, apparently the gadgets just decided to take their sweet time and wait for today…or something. I’ve no idea.

But it was weird how well the system worked. I heard the pastor just fine. It was like she was funneling her voice into my ears. There was a problem, of sorts, but I’ll learn to live with it. I got snookered into doing a flute accompaniment on one of the handbell pieces we did. That went ok, but then the organist got the bright idea of having me play along on the hymns as well. That’s where the “problem” arose. I could hear the pastor’s singing as I was playing. It is a bit distracting to be trying to sight read music while someone is singing, not always quite on tune, in one’s ear. :wink:

I actually had an earlier test on Friday evening. We had a large turkey dinner at church. I was at a round table of 8 people. I plopped the Select iN on the table, and I could hear people quite well. The only problem was when two people on opposite sides of the table decided to talk at once. The Select iN couldn’t figure out where to focus. But if only one person was talking, they were clearly audible.

On another note, I discovered that the optical audio thingie for TVs and such only works if the little docking station for the Select is plugged into power. It’s not obvious from the Roger Instruction Manual that this is true. I don’t actually have an optical thingie on my TV, but I do have one on my cable box. So, if I plug into the cable box output, I get the audio, so long as I’m actually watching TV and so long as the docking thingie is plugged in. Of course, we mostly watch stuff on Netflix and BritBox, in which case the optical audio on the cable box doesn’t work (well, it does, but it’s some random program we never would watch in a million years, and which bears no resemblance to the dialogue and music in Sheltand or Midsomer Murders). But, I can get that audio from a phone jack on the side of the TV, just not in stereo, or so it seems so far.

The thing seems to be pretty cool. The only problem is the price. Do I really want to give up wine for a year or two so that I can hear people?

I mean, it would be better for your health. :smile:

I’ve just been quoted £1,365 for the iN Select and £1,269 for the iN Pen (and £265 for the PartnerMic) in UK. :astonished:
@Zebras - do you know if the Touchscreen Mic that you have can connect directly to my Marvel M90RT aids, or would I need a MyLink thing?
Thanks.

@Mike59 the Touchscreen can connect to the Marvels as long as you have 02 receivers installed in your Marvels.

@Zebras Thanks for this. I have no idea what receivers are in my Marvels, but they are only a few weeks old, so hopefully they will be the latest. These are still expensive though - even on Ebay. Maybe I’d be better with the PartnerMic - it uses the same streaming tech as the TV Connector. Thanks again, Zebras

1 Like

Or maybe the Phonak Roger Clip-on Mic?

I am not sure and may be I am wrong but it seems to me that you don’t have any roger receiver in your HA. Because is a software update and you must pay for it. Have you paid some extra cost for that “receiver software update” ? I think Phonak call it: Rogerdirect

The Clip on Mic is used the same way as the Marvel Remote Mic. It’s only really for 1 x person.

@Junkyard As far as I know, RogerDirect is included in all the latest Marvels, but I will confirm with my audi tomorrow

1 Like