Ordered the Roger Select today

I have Virto Marvel M70 hearing aid pair. How we install Roger receiver (03) in the Right and (02) in the left hearing aid.
After installing Roger receiver (03) in Right Hearing Aid, tried installing Roger receiver (02) in the left hearing aid, but the the license gets installed in the right only. After installation completes, both 03 and 03 licenses are in right hearing aid.

Can any one help, please.

Odd problem. I think you need to contact Phonak for that one.

Why do you have 1 x 02 and 1 x 03 receivers?

1 Like

Just received mine. I am unable to pair with my Phonak Paradise Audeo. Any advice?

Do you have the licenses installed in your hearing aids? Check: open MyPhonak app/devices/Product Information/Roger Receiver: 03

hearing loss is a heavy thing, and the discussion about hearing, makes my head heavy… !! let’s get some coffee first

At the risk of being boring, I have a newbee question.
I’ve tried to find out if Roger Select In is compatible with a pair of Jabra EP20s I have coming from Costco but have had no luck finding anything. What I’ve seen online seems to point only at Phonak & Marvel.
Any thoughts?

It’s a much neater solution with Phonak, but should be possible with Jabra. First you need a GN (Resound or Jabra) MultiMic. This is a decent remote microphone in itself and if you don’t have one yet is worth a try. If you want more, it is possible to combine a Roger Select with the MultiMic. One needs to buy a physical receiver for the MultiMic to connect to the Roger device and one will only have mono, but I’ve heard positive reports.

https://www.phonak.com/en-int/roger-configurator

I do it with the Roger x connected to the resound multi mic, () multi mic available on e bay usually pretty cheaply ). It does work in more challenging situations for me better than the multi mic alone, I have Jabra aids from Costco. I use the Roger on, not the select, but the process should be the same. The pointer feature on the Roger On is helpful to me .

1 Like

Thanks for the effort, but that link won’t accept Jabra as a search item.

I mentioned Roger Select only because it was the first thing I saw while looking for something for extra punch, and didn’t have a clue what I need.
With your response and MDB’s, my learning curve suddenly went straight up. So thanks to you both.
Looked on Ebay and found GN multimics from $30 to $274 or more. At this point, I need to get myself better educated as how it works and what I need. MDB’s remark about having a “physical receiver for the MultiMic” also confused me. But I looked at Jabra’s accessory list and saw they have a MultiMic for $275 that may work without the Roger. Suppose I could try that then consider Roger if I need more ‘umph’.

Is the Jabra MultiMic a device I can connect to my JEP20s or does it have to be done by a qualified audi?
Thanks for your response.

What may not be clear is your Jabra HAs need an intermediary device between the HAs and the Roger. The multi mic can take a receiver to receive the roger signal, input it to the multi mic, which then forwards it to your HAs.

hth
WH

I have no experience with MultiMic but am pretty sure it can be set up by user without help of an Audi. I’d look up documentation on Resound MultiMic to get more info. Should be available pretty inexpensively on EBay.

I may have commented before, but the Multi-Mic can be easily set up to work with your Jabras (or a ReSound HA) by yourself. It’s almost self explanatory and the guides are v. helpful. I get annoyed by all the incredibly excited talk about the hugely expensive Roger mic for ONLY PHONAKS. All those/we ReSound/Jabra folks have a terrific external mic available to them for a fraction of the cost!–the Multi-Mic. It also contains a telecoil, if you find yourself in a public space with a hearing loop installed–you’ll get terrific reception and hear very well! And, yes, you can easily link it yourself to your Jabra HAs, no audi required!

1 Like

you can buy the Roger x on e bay also, it connects to the port on the multi mic, then using the setting for the multi mic on your ap, (resound support is great on the phone ) synching the multi mic to the hearing aids, multi mic comes with settings, when u use the setting for the x , and turn on the Phonak Roger on, and use the multi mic setting on your ap, it all works, I bought the multi mic for $30 on eBay, the Roger x is more expensive as is the Roger on , the Roger x is necessary to use the Phonak Roger device with Jabra or resound.

1 Like

What a great forum this is. I feel more confident about the use of HAs than ever before, thanks to all who responded to my questions.
I’ve learned advances in HAs and particularly accessories (e.g. Roger, MultiMic, etc. have the potential to make my hearing life easier. My wife has ordered me to check in daily to see what else I (we) can learn.
Thanks everyone!

1 Like

I bought a Roger On In for $1600. It comes with the Roger “receivers” that get transferred to the hearing aids. Once the hearing aids have the receivers, they can connect to any Roger device.

The way i use my Roger On is I mute the hearing aid mics. I also use the Roger app where i can select the directions i want to hear, and change those active directions quickly, as needed.

The improvement in loud noise is amazing!

Nice to see this old thread is still here. I am also still here and and functioning at a level I am sure I would not be without the help I get from the Roger devices. For some time before I got the Select, almost 5 years ago, I was backing out of both social and work situations because of hearing limitations. The Roger devices helped me to reverse that trend. Now, tonight, I am going out with a group to a new, and probably noisy, restaurant. My good old Select is coming with me with my good newer ON as a backup.

3 Likes