Opinions on Costco Jabra and Philips hearing aids

I am a current user of Resound GN HA. I recently got a new hearing test at Costco and my hearing has dropped some more. So they tried fitting a hearing aid booster that works with behind the ear and go into the ear canal. The only problem I found was the right hearing aid is damaged and the booster is boosting the damage to make the hearing worst. The are 5 years old and by Costco not repairable. So they were thinking either Philips or Jabra brand.
So what is everyone take on the two brands? I need the hearing aid to be on for at least 15 hours a day so not sure if rechargeable batteries will last that long. Android phone S22. So not super import on the streaming. Just most durable and clearity, battery life.
Thanks for any ideas

I am looking forward to responses on the Costco Phillips HA’s.

I’m a long time ReSound user, and have both the Jabra and Philips aids. Both sound very natural to me, and both are comfortable to wear.

I tried the Philips for grins after wearing the Jabra for a few months, and now they are my daily aids. I have had no issues whatsoever with them. I also have the TV connector and use it daily for a couple of hours a day. I have had no problem wearing them all day with a couple of hours or slightly more of streaming.

2 Likes

When I went for HA’s around 11 months ago, they programmed both Philips and Jabra for my hearing loss. While not necessarily optimized since they used the default settings, I preferred the sound of the Philips and bought those. (Coincidentally, my wife went to an exam the same time and preferred the Jabra!) Thus far, I have been very satisfied with the Philips with respect to comfort and audio performance. The only negative is the current firmware, which is similar to that used by Oticon, suffers from the same streaming interruptions that Oticon users are reporting. The prior firmware version had no such problem and I am hopeful this will be fixed in the near future.

HTH,

1 Like

As an update to my earlier post, I’ve never had any issues with the rechargeable batteries or chargers with either the Jabra or Philips aids.

The Philips HearLink 9030 is available in a version that takes 312 zinc air batteries if you prefer that. I’m not aware of the Jabra being offered with zinc air batteries.

I have had the Jabra with M&RIE for nearly 16 months. I have the disposable battery ones that take 312 batteries. I do not stream (got AirPod Pros for that) and wear about 14 hours a day. I change the batteries Sunday mornings, as I get a solid week out of each set. Excellent battery life, and never have had a problem with the aids.

1 Like