Opening doors at night

This?
20180719_072240%20-%20Copy

No. It’s a white box about 2 inches square with a lid and a blue on/off indicator button in front. It says “Perfectly Dry Lux” on top. Works well. I only open my KS8s to the first (power off) position before I put them in.

I use a Perfect Dry Lux (slightly newer model than shown in this video) and am very happy with it. Admittedly, I haven’t done any culture studies to determine bacterial growth (hahaha) but they are nice and dry in the morning. Also, it is virtually silent. I have gotten used to the blue light being on when I go to sleep - it is only on for about 15 minutes.

I always open the battery doors completely. My batteries do not fall out so no worries there. I suppose if they did, I would just turn them “right side up” so they stay in. Resealing batteries is just a little more effort than I have time (or patience) for… Good Luck!

Do you have to take them out at the end of the drying cycle or can you leave them in the dryer all night?

I got the Perfect Dry Lux with my first HAs a few days ago, and the instructions state it runs for 30 minutes then stops actively drying and disinfection with UV light. I asked the fitter that exact question when I got it. He stated that leaving them inside as long as I want is fine. They are in a dry and disinfected environment after it shuts off. I take the HAs out at bedtime, but them in the Dry Lux, start it and go to bed. I leave them in the Dry Lux until time to put them in my ears.

1 Like

I also use the perfectly dry lux, but sometimes I have to fiddle with it for ten minutes to get it to start it’s cycle. I wonder if anyone else is experiencing a similar problem. I’m trying to decide if I doing something wrong or if it has a problem. My unit has only one blue light in the front that doubles as a cycle start button.

The light on mine is off most of the time. When I open the lid, it comes on, then after a few minutes (have not kept track) it turns off. When I push the button to dry and disinfect the aids, it cycles bright blue to dimmer blue every few seconds, I have not watched it after that since I just go to bed.

If it is defective, Costco has a great warranty as we know. You might unplug and plug the cord back into the wall wart and Dry Lux to make sure the connect is good. That said, mine is four day old and used three times, tonight will be number four.

Yeah, I’ve tried all that (plugging and unplugging). I just have to do it several times. I think I’ll ask for a replacement. I just wondered if others are having the same problem.

Can
the dryer be used with rechargeable HAs?

No problem with mine. I close the lid the blue light comes on. The light stays on for only a few minutes but the cycle continues.

There is a button?

The light is the button, or the button is the light. :thinking:

1 Like

What is it for?..

It starts the dry and disinfect cycle and the light cycles between bright and dim for 30 minutes until process is done.

You say the cycle continues - does the light go bright and dim during the cycle? Mine only does this if I (successfully) press the blue light/button.

Don, I just put my HAs in the dryer. The blue light comes on then turns off after about 30 seconds. How do you know that the cycle is running? When mine is cycling, the blue light goes bright then dim for about 30 mins. To get this to cycle I have to push the blue light/button. Takes some messing with.

My understanding is that you put the hearing aids in, close the lid, it disinfects with ultraviolet light, for a short time, then dries for a longer time. I’ve never pressed a button.

Here are the pages from the Perfect Dry Lux manual that apply.

1 Like

I should have read the instructions. It does say press the button after you close the lid.

Connect the PerfectDry Lux®. The blue indicator lights
to show that it is powered on.
If no actions occur for 30 seconds, the indicator turns off.
Clean your hearing aids using a specific cleansing
wipe to eliminate excess impurities. Then open the
battery compartments on your hearing aids (the
batteries can be left inside the hearing aids during the
cycle). Close the cover.
Press the touch button once to start the cycle. The
blue indicator flashes slowly, indicating that the box is
running. The cycle will only run if the cover is closed.
The PerfectDry Lux® stops automatically at the end of
the cleaning cycle (30 minutes). The indicator turns off.

See the manual posts by tee jay here. My experience concurs with that. BTW I saw in another post that your mom is 97, so we must be about the same age. Both my mom and dad died when I was 5 (health issues), so you are fortunate to still have her. I turned 76 this month, and my health is still good.

1 Like