Open Office Help

So I’ve been forced back into the office after 3 years fully remote. The problem is it’s an open office with a few hundred people per floor. As you can imagine the noise level is deafening! I have Phonak P90’s and a Samsung S9 phone and an iPhone 12 as a work only phone. I’ve been putting the mic on mute in the app and streaming Spotify via bluetooth when I’m not on a Teams call. For Teams calls I’m connecting to my laptop via Bluetooth and using a headset with a boom mic so I don’t pick up all the ambient noise in the call.
That all works ok but where I struggle is in face-to-face meetings. The acoustics in the conference rooms are awful and since everyone has Bluetooth on in a 10 person meeting there could be 30 Bluetooth streams! My ha’s drop the connection to my phone app & laptop because of all the interference. The hearing aids cycle through the settings so I get crazy load/all ambient/no ambient/nothing. Does anyone have a suggestion for this type of conference room problem?

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, I hope you will find here what you’re looking for.
One word that come to my mind: Roger
Since it’s a work environment, I suppose your employer should be able to get it.

I second the Roger suggestion, though it depends on what you mean by the acoustics being awful. If you mean multiple different conversations echoing around a room designed for one person to speak at at a time, then the right device or combination of devices should help with that.

Your aids shouldn’t be randomly cycling through settings just because they drop the bluetooth connection to your phone. They should still function normally with manual controls when you turn bluetooth off entirely. I do that sometimes just to make sure phone calls don’t ring through to the aids when I’m in the middle of something important.

1 Like