Onn ear buds vs streaming with jabra

Am I the only person that feels that a non hearing aid streaming option provides a clearer result then streaming using Bluetooth hearing aid. I only use it in one ear?

No you are not.
I’ve got severe to profound ski slope loss, and my preference for music on the go is using a DAC/Amp bluetooth to my phone, and Wired IEMs connected to the DAC/Amp. Your earbuds may be fine, too.
This gives me excellent sound, and isolation when out & about.
At home, I enjoy my wired Sennheiser HD 6XX over ear headphones plugged into my source, with my HAs in the Music program.
I rarely stream.

Not to be “glib”, but I need some translation.
A lot of technology references are include by those more knowlegable than me so I need some help. What is a DAC/amp and wired IEMs. What I am learning as I go through the updating of my 7 year old analogue hearing aids, is that there are a of technology add-ons that might help me with my problems with understanding speech in open room / group settings. Feeling kind of “stupid” as I take my grandson on college tours and I keep asking him “what did they say”.

I am returning to Costco next week for my 3rd and probably last attempt to get the hearing with the jabra to be at least as good as my 7 year old aids. I find myself switching between my 4 settings multiple times a day. “All around” sound helps me in conversation, but if I empty the dishwasher, I almost go deaf. I have heard reference to something called a “roger” / or some device that augments hearing aide compatibility so it is easier to hear speech in a group. I think it is a separate device but I don’t know how it connects to the hearing aids. Any knowledge of this? I am okay abandoning the bluestream capability of the Jabra’s and just putting one ear bud for phone calls and streaming. I just have to see if I can hear okay with just one hearing aid. Sorry to ramble. It has been a long slog. What should I ask the Jabra tech about add-ons?

I apologize for not defining those terms. Those are more for High Fidelity audiophiles, and I guess I misinterpreted your question.
A DAC is a digital ciruit which converts a digital signal to analog. Digital analog converter.
Your digital hearing aids have DACs in them. Amps are just amplifiers used to increase the volume of audio signal such as music or speech.
Wired IEMs are what are known as In Ear Monitors, which are earphones which fit similiar to earbuds or hearing aid tips, but are geared for the High fidelity crowd.

The Roger devices are made by Phonak primarily for their line of hearing aids, but some other makers have adapters for them. They are microphones used to assist hearing aid users in difficult hearing sitruations, like meetings, restaurants, etc. They send the speaker’s voice directly to your aids.
Very expensive, too!

Jabra probably makes a portable streamer/microphone which can be used for for your open room/group settings. Ask your costco HCP about it.

2 Likes