Online retailers providing discount prescription hearing aids

I would love to hear from anyone who has used an online hearing aid retailer. I teach a class at UNF Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI). My class is titled “10 Smart Ways to Hear Better”. When I cover hearing aids, I’d like to be able to include this class of hearing aids - bought online but fitted by local audi. Some I’ve heard mentioned are Hearing Revolution, Zip Hearing, and others Anyone with good and bad experiences, reviews etc to help others in my classes?

2 Likes

Great experience with ZipHearing. No high pressure sales. They gave me the names of a couple of audiologist that work with them. Both were great and had established practices in the community. I elected to return the first hearing aids within the trial period and the refund was completed overnight. I purchased another set from them and have been completely satisfied with them. They go out of their way to help.

3 Likes

I’ve used Ziphearing twice now, both times working with a local audiology practice though different audiologists. I’ve gotten top tier instruments for substantially less than what traditional audiology practices charge. It’s been a great experience and I’m thoroughly satisfied. ZH has been extraordinarily responsive to my queries and requests, and has worked closely with my providers.

It is a business model that is upending the industry to the benefit of consumers. In short, I’m a fan and expect to use them again as technology keeps bringing us better and better instruments.

1 Like

I have Phonak Naida Lumity 90’s on trial from Fit Hearing. No local adjustments, online only.If I decide to keep them I have a local Hospital with audiology department that charges $150.00 total for Real Ear Measurements if I think it is needed.

1 Like

I too have had a very good experience with Zip Hearing. They referred me to a terrific D.Aud who took my insurance and I saved a lot of $$$.

1 Like

@Musician buys his online, somewhere in Germany I think. Hoping he will chip in here.

1 Like

I have the more 1’s that I got from my online retailer, who actually became my personal friend. People in the USA mail their returns to me, in fact. He’s reliable, dependable and a good communicator. I don’t know if he still sells the more 1s. I know he has the Oticon Reals. I know he sells a lot of other brands because I have a stash of his returns, to mailed to him in Germany, and they are all different type/brands.

Just send me a Private Message if you want his contact info and eBay store.

Musician

2 Likes

Too bad you are in the far north part of the state. Hospitals in NJ want $800 to $850.

1 Like

I used Hearing Care Solutions because it is the company my medicare advantage plan used. If i went anywhere else i would get a $500 benefit. If i used HCS i could get premium hearing aids for about $3600, whereas my ENT/ audiologist practice sold them for $5500. You buy the hearing aids from them (HCS) and they arrange for a limited number of local professionals to set up and fit the hearing aids. My ENT/ audiologist practice was one of a half- dozen local practices who would work with HCS.

My impression is this is a very small mom and pop scheme. Once i paid for the hearing aids, they sat on my money for a month before ordering the hearing aids. I got the impression the local pros are not thrilled with them either, from a few comments.

So, nothing horrible, but i would not use them again unless i had to. Heard good things about Zip, and i like their local pros. Zip’s price would have been $4500, so about $500 more than HCS, including my insurance benefit.