Online meeting

I am scheduled for a class online and was directed to use a Zoom meeting test to check out my computer setup prior to the meeting. This was done while talking to an East Indian agent on my phone. My KS10 aids are the speaker/mic for my computers and phone. I quickly realized I could not talk to the agent and run the speaker/mic test on the computer at the same time. The test worked and the phone conversation disconnected.

So will you be ok for the online class??? Gad I HATE how we have to trade off one thing for another - like we don’t need to stream audio from a computer AND the phone at once.

Not sure what your setup is, but I stream audio on the phone with BT on an Android. If I had an East Indian on the phone with me, I’d hear EVERY WORD and nuance perfectly! O’course I’m very familiar with the Indian accent being married to a Punjabi guy.

I think I would’ve been able to have the tech “control” my computer to set up the Zoom. (altho I’m SUPER DUPER leery of ANYONE taking control of it) It sounds like your setup was a success, but I hope you have a plan for the actual ZOOM - streaming the audio via your laptop’s BT and/or using headphones that let you participate in the conversation as well as hear tip-top.

Many others here have muddled through this - so do a subject search to find out more solutions and hopefully others will also chime in.

1 Like

What I do in situations like this is put the phone in speakerphone mode.

WH

3 Likes

My laptop passed the Zoom test but it would have been much easier with written instructions. On the other hand, I would not have known talking on the phone and using the speakers/mic on the laptop at the same time wouldn’t work.

I have Acoustic Phone on my Phonaks. I have to hold the cellphone up to an ear, but then it sends the audio to BOTH ears stereophonically. It has been a life-saver on more than one occasion. It doesn’t need BT to work. It’s a dedicated program.

2 Likes

That will work too, but now you have to hold the phone.

WH

Apparently the 80 min meeting depleted the battery charge in my right hearing aid by about 80 min. Normally they stay charged until I put them in the charger at night.
This seems to be normal behavior.