Older version Compass V5

Does anyone have an older version? I finally have the necessary HW, but I found that the current version of Compass doesn’t communicate with my hearing aid (maybe Clear) and the program says I need V5.
I’m just a small step away from being able to customize my hearing aid to my liking… Please Help

Hi there, great your giving DIY a go, be sure to do some research and read the user guides before starting, yeah that’s an older models for sure, what hardware are you using HiPro?

Thank you all, problem solved :slight_smile:
The great thing is that I can sit down at any time, open my laptop and tweak what I need.
I’m happy

I’m happy that this forum and the people around it exist
On the other hand, it is sad that doctors refuse to deal with individual requirements and we have to substitute in this way.
They feel it must be enough for me that “the hearing aid works”

1 Like

Yep common reason that people feel they have to DIY, remember that others can’t hear what you can, another thing to help you set that noise reduction issue,is you can take your laptop out to the mall or cafe and try setting up another program just for this, I’d also look into updating to maybe Evoke if possible, good luck.

I was going to order the Moment 330, but that’s exactly the problem with doctors. We were supposed to do impressions, unfortunately the doctor was pressed for time because we were setting up my replacement hearing aid, so we didn’t have time to do an impression or a new audiogram. And another free appointment in 3 months…!
That was the impetus for me to take care of myself.

By the way, I had my current hearing aid turned down, it was loud from the doctor and it was uncomfortable. I also heard voices from the street at home that I really don’t need to hear, they disturbed me

Oh yeah the Moment even better, you could still get and use the Moment with domes until your impression/molds are made.

Thank you, but I consider the hanging hearing aid to be MY big mistake. I had a CIC for 15 years, currently using a spare in a passion case.
The new ones will be CIC again!

Yeah some people prefer CIC, but the CIC type instant fit use the click sleeve, no need for a mold, but you won’t get all the features especially the beam forming with those, the RIC of today are nothing like they used to be, far away better, you don’t post your audogram but I guess if your wanting CIC it’s not so bad.

I don’t have any audiogram, again a problem with the doctor, I hadn’t been to him for a long time (I didn’t need anything), so he deleted it (shredded it, threw it away…), he probably thought I was seeing another audiologist.
I’m able to communicate without a hearing aid, I don’t hear murmurs and quiet tones. I have a very pronounced tinnitus that masks the quiet tones.
I can post something from Compass, but I don’t know which chart is relevant