Office phone and Bluetooth compatibility with Resound LInx 3D

I purchased the Resound LInx 3D hearing aids recently and love the Bluetooth phone call capability with my iPhone 7. I work in customer service and understanding callers has become extremely difficult in recent years so our Tech manager purchased an Avaya IP deskphone for me. I didn’t know he was doing this, but if it works that would be great. I am doubtful, because I do not see any mention of pairing with hearing aids in this brochure, only pairing with bluetooth headsets.

My question to fellow members is: Has anyone found an office desk phone that works in their office environment and uses the Bluetooth technology with their hearing aids? I have read a few older posts on this topic, but no solution. Thanks in advance.

I seem to think the solution is needing an intermediate device. Connect the phone to the intermediate device which then transmits to the HA’s. There aren’t any Made for iPhone (mfi) phones. The Phonak B-Direct might work but I seem to think it only knows how to talk to a smartphone. But your Resounds…no…intermediate device.

Yes. I use a Plantronics MDA200 with a BT300 Bluetooth dongle. That is on the Phone side. On your side you need the Resound Phone Clip+, if you don’t already have it.

I just re-read what I wrote and it sounds much more complicated than it is. The concept is that you plug a device into your phone’s headset plug. The device has Bluetooth and communicates with your Bluetooth device, the Phone Clip+.

I use this setup several hours a day. I had Resound, now I have Costco/Rexton.

Other advantages of having the Phone Clip+ Bluetooth device is communication with laptops and tablets. I have soft phone software on laptops (office phone when out of the office) and also watch/listen to videos and music.

Don - I am trying to do that exact set up. I’ve read conflicting things about the Bluetooth dongle. Will any Plantronics BT300 series do or is there a particular one needed?

It was recommended to me to use the SSP2714-01 dongle. I have no idea why the name is so different than the BT300. Apparently it is a variation of the BT300 that is, in some way, optimized for a hearing aid Bluetooth device.

I’ve used it with the Resound Phone Clip and the Rexton Smart Mic (Signia Smartline Mic).

If your office phone has a headset port you will need the EHS cable for your specific phone model. The EHS cable connects the MDA200 to your phone.

Edit: The EHS cable is a Plantronics product.

Thanks for the responses. I will give this info to our tech guy and purchase the Resound Phone Clip.

What do you recommend for aiding me during conference calls? I had a meeting this morning with co-workers and I couldn’t understand (garbled but loud enough) the person on the conference call. I score poorly on speech discrimination. Afterwards, the manager suggested purchasing some noise cancelling headphones for me to use minus my hearing aids during these calls. I told him I wasn’t sure it would work but happy to try anything. They are more than willing to accommodate me with whatever I need to be a part of conversations, particularly conference calls and larger group meetings.

Assuming this is a speakerphone in a conference room, with people in the conference room and people on the speakerphone? That’s really tough for me. When we did that I would try to get positioned right by the speakerphone. If it is speakers in the ceiling then it is even worse for me. If it is a multiple person call, like a webex, I call the conference number just like I was remote and have the call go through my hearing aid Bluetooth device (like the Resound Phone Clip+), even though I’m in the room with half of them. There is a delay so it is not ideal, but at least I hear everything.

Okay, so I have the Avaya Bluetooth office phone, link shown above, but I still need the Plantronics MDA 200 with a BT300 Bluetooth dongle, the EHS Plantronics cable, along with the Resound Phone clip. Is that correct? If so I will ask them to order this. Just wanted to double check with you before I do this.
Thanks for your help!

If the phone has Bluetooth so that it will connect to a Bluetooth headset, then you don’t need the MDA200 and BT300 and cable . I’ve never seen a phone that had that built-in.

You could configure it and try it before you order the MDA200 equipment.

1 Like

Sorry my error, the phone isn’t bluetooth.

Does the phone have a headset port? There could be a headset button on the front. My Cisco phone has Headset, Mute, and Speakerphone buttons in the lower right. Anything about headsets on the Phone?

You will need the equipment (MDA200 and the BT300 version for hearing aids, and the EHS cable for your phone model).

The phone is bluetooth capable and has headset port.

1 Like

Looks like it’d work fine with the aid’s BT accessory.