Now, I understand….. Roger On, WOW factor!

Hopefully all goes well in hospital Ruth, fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: Yeah, I will post up, when I get the Naida Lumity’s, I am hopeful for a slight improvement, anything above that, will be extremely welcome :grin: Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

Interesting, I never knew that Phonak owned Boots hearing care. I maybe suspected a link, as they advertise the brand more than others, but I didn’t know that. I like it that they do interest free credit.

I agree with both of you regarding NHS Audiologist, especially with the motivation of their audios. The Nathos Nova is a decent aid, but in my experience, first fit is poor, so with that in mind, most will come away thinking they’re poor HAs, which is a real shame.

Good luck @Zebras in hospital

Peter

3 Likes

Thank you for your kind words.

@kevels55

@PeterH

:honeybee:

3 Likes

Hi Peter, but unfortunately, I believe the interest free policy @ Boots, is now a thing of the past, probably because of the inflation we had, running around 11%, it wasn’t a viable option…They probably got stung?

You are very welcome @Zebras…And, if possible? Please let us know how you are doing in hospital, we kinda get worried, when you disappear for several weeks! Take care, Kev x

3 Likes

@kevels55 Is Boots Hearing Care fully owed by Sonova? I thought they only owned 51% with the other 49% owned by the Walgreens Boots Alliance, but I am could be wrong.

You are probably correct @raylock1 … Obviously 51%, makes Sonova, the controlling shareholder, so Boots will have to dance to their tune (pun intended) :grin: Someone did explain (years ago) what the setup was, but unfortunately, I forget what was said! Thank you for your reply… Cheers Kev :wink:

1 Like

That’s terrible.

It’s not treatment!

DaveL

1 Like

@Zebras

Wishing you better health & healing.

There should be a business–selling properly set up spare hearing aids for those that need them. Or better yet, donating them and paying for maintenance.

Zebras you’re important! Take care

DaveL
Toronto

2 Likes

Nice to be appreciated. At least they are listening to you.

1 Like

Hi Dave, I have the same hearing aids. Do you have the app, if so can you tell me what the the equalizer preset is set to and the other settings if possible. I have just found out I have Reverse Slope and am going through the hassle of trying to set the aids myself. Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers, P

2 Likes

Thanks P11
I’ve used the App a lot.
I don’t have Target because it won’t run on my iMac. And I don’t have the skill to use windows programs on it. My computer was bought in 2010…I’m way behind.

If I adjust a program on my app the saved programs eat up battery life like crazy…I wear mine about 17 hours and would have to recharge mid day. I barely get 15 hours normally. If I have a lot cell calls I must recharge about 5…

The practitioner or audiologist can adjust the autosense program. He uses Target.

@P11
I have P90s, but the 13T battery version. I also use the app and am learing to self programme some M70s.

It would really help if you put your Audiogram on your profile, as it helps others a lot in advice.

As far as the App is concerned, which programmes have you got as presets? For example, have you got Autosense4, and maybe Speech in Noise, and (hopefully) Music??

Any fixed programmes will be shown on the app, and any adjustments will depend on which program you’re adjusting.

There are many variables

Peter

1 Like

@DaveL & @PeterH. Thanks for your answers. Sorry took so long to reply but life got in the way. I have the P70s with the app on my Samsung S23 phone. It has Automatic, Speech in Noise, Music and Restaurant all preprogrammed and I can adjust and save them if I need to. As I said have just found out I have reverse slope loss so am doing a lot of adjusting at present. Before I knew about the reverse slope was going around in circles and getting nowhere. Still not good in group settings or meetings so trying a Roger On and will see how that goes. Cheers

2 Likes