Non-functional Resound Quattro hearing aid

Has anyone ever had a single HA stop putting out sound?

I woke up this morning and put on both hearing aids. The right one said hello with its familiar little six dings. The left made no sound at all.

I placed it back in the charging case to reset it and and veriify that it had a full charge. No joy. I repeated that several times waiting longer and longer between each attempt. No joy.

I finally grabbed my old Ric out of a drawer and installed it. Same problem.

The hearing aid connects to the app just fine. It properly communicates if it is charging or not. So the aid is alive and communicating. But there is no audio output. I have verified that it is not muted and have adjusted the volume from zero to full.

Any suggestions?

Check your wax filters.

4 Likes

That would be my suggestion too. There is nothing as completely quiet as a hearing aid receiver where wax has completely blocked the filter!

3 Likes

Also check the reciever wire for fraying. Mine went out and i could only see that the insulation was cracked and the wire wasnt making a connection any longer if i used a magnifying glass. My wire was ever so slightly broken right where in enters the receiver

2 Likes

I wondered about that too. It would also be helpful to know what hearing aid it is and what receivers are being used.

1 Like

EDIT: I just swapped RICs bilaterally. Problem follows the HA, not the RIC.

Correct. I got them with an MP receiver, but I need/use them with an LP. I reinstalled the MP to test, same issue.

Sorry about that.
Resound Quattro (5 iirc)
3 LP RIC, both ears.

See pic. Looks clean to me, but I’m an inexperienced user.

Actually it doesn’t look clean to me, but it’s not fully blocked.

But if the problems persists with a different receiver then I think you may have a hardware fault on the Quattro and it will need a service.

3 Likes

RIC without the dome.

Just as I said before! It’s not wax blocking it anyway!

1 Like

SOLVED! I had to reboot. I.e. manually power down the hearing aid and then place it back it the charging case. I guess placing into the case does a soft restart, which wasn’t sufficient.

On the Resound quattro, that means holding the button 3-5 seconds until the LED flashes. Then release it will power off.

Thanks everyone! I never fail to learn something every time I visit here.

7 Likes

Well that is interesting to know! Thanks for updating us.

2 Likes

The one time that happened to me (Philips Minirite) was I had not seated one hearing aid in the charger properly, and the battery was dead.

I’ve had that happen. This one was fully alive, just no audio.