Noahlink Wireless not connecting to Oticon Opns

Yes, Oticon Opn’s via Noahlink Wireless works well for me.

Please do. I have just bought an Airlink 2 on eBay and will receive it next week. Will be trying it with my new Opns after I upgrade firmware (if needed).

Its all good after the update to firmware v5.

2 Likes

Tidy. Glad it worked for you.

1 Like

Hi everybody!
I still have the same problem with no connection to my Opn updated to 5 version.
Genie 2 updated.
Does anybody know what the problem it can be?

Are the hearing aids branded as Oticon Opn or maybe a re-brand like this Selectic Poseidon 12 miniRITE?

As Oticon Opn 1.
To be honest I’ve even never heard about second one before.

I don’t know if it’s matter. I have only one HA (right side).

No, it should be able to connect to 1 or 2.

Do you have the Noahlink Wireless branded device or the ReSound Airlink 2 branded device? They are both the same device but the ReSound Airlink 2 version needs a Firmware update applied to the device to turn it into a Noahlink Wireless device capable of connecting to non-ReSound hearing aids.

Completely sure I have the Noahlink Wireless since it detected as its in Genie 2.

So many countries, so many re-brands; Let’s double check?
On the battery door of your hearing aid (in tiny, tiny letters) it says;
Oticon
Opn1
The above Oticon Opn1 hearing aids have had the hearing aid Firmware update to v5 using a Hi-Pro and cables because Oticon Opn Firmware updates cannot be done wirelessly.

Place the hearing aids a few inches away from Noahlink Wireless after opening/closing the battery doors. Your wireless programming device says Noahlink Wireless like the one on the right, correct?

HA - see the photo below.

Also, I know that it was recognized as Oticon Opn when I went to my audi.

Programming device - can’t make a photo, but yes, the same as on the right.

So I do place it near the device after opening/closing the battery doors. And nothing is going on.

Noahlink is just blinking with green colour and that’s all.
Noahlink connected directly to usb on motherboard, not a hub.
iPhone and Opn are unpaired.
Genie 2 is updated.
Noahlink has the latest version.
I don’t have wifi or something else could block the signal.

And… I’m so confused because I know it should be so easy, but no…

Yes, my NLW lights blink green when trying to detect hearing aids. Tried these?

Capture

1. Genie 2 /Preferences / Edit preferences / Programming Device / Detect
  2. Genie 2 / Select a client
  3. Genie 2 / Family / Detect

Yep.
The same version as mine.

And this is why I’m asking about 2 devices. I can see only the window where it’s trying to find my HA, and there are two sides, right and left, at one row.
I thought, maybe I should choose just one, but don’t know how to do it.
Anyway it doesn’t matter since you said it should connect to 1 HA.

Okay… I got it.

Then don’t any idea what’s wrong…

Oh, one more thing. New batteries? It may be a long shot. Wireless communications takes a lot of battery power. Your batteries may be strong enough to power your hearing aids but not powerful enough to power wireless communications.

Oh, yes. And this of course.
Every time when I’m trying to connect I use new battery. So I’ve already lost around 5 pieces of them. So now I try to connect only when it’s expired and I have to put the new one.
Which brand of batteries do you use? I have PowerOne,

Please, if anyone has an idea what it could be, I kindly ask you to help as I really need to do some corrections of my settings.

Is your Noahlink Wireless at v. 2.17 firmware?

I think he went to sleep because it’s past midnight.

The firmware upgrade from Genie 2 would be my thought too.