Noahlink Wireless instruction

No-one has suffered any damage from it that we know of.

Has anybody been able to connect with the Costco KS7? I get the message “No Hearing Aid Detected” I know that some Costco HA’s are locked but the KS7 is not shown to be locked. Maybe it is, or maybe the Noahlink wireless is defective, or maybe the operator (me) is defective. Thanks

Did you Off/On cycle the hearing aids before trying to connect?

Yes, Reset a few times. Do you have to select the correct or equivalent aid in order for it to detect it, or will it detect any HA in range? I tried it with the nearest Rexton aid by spec identified in the RX software and also with no HA identified in the software.

HMm; KS7 is rather old/Legacy. What makes you think that Noahlink Wireless is the correct hearing aid programming device?

1 Like

HiPro or connexxAir wireless programming device.

I guess I would need the HpPro or connexxAir to make this work. I was hopping to “practice” on adjusting my KS7’s using my Noahlink wireless before attempting anything with the new Phonak L90’s. I am a little scared to mess with those and anyway they are still on trial so I will not do with them for a while. It is interesting that the Connexx software shows Noahlink wireless as an acceptable interface for other Rexton aids of the same vintage e.g. Emerald S80 6C. Thanks for the info.

So just out of curiosity, you have Connexx software installed with the Rexton database, if so what version are you using.

Connexx 9.7.0.144
Database Rex Fit 9.7.0.514

Oh ok I would’ve thought you’d need an much older version.

Also latest version is 9.8.0.706

No, the latest Rexton version is what @raylock1 said, (9.7.0). Though, I am unsure if KS7s require the Latest version or the Legacy version of fitting software? ETA: Looks like the latest version is needed. See this Link.

Also, if you do use a wired hearing aid programming device, namely (Hi-Pro or mini-Pro) then you also need a pair of standard CS44 programming cables, plus a pair of #312 programming pills.

Also, I’m curious to know if the buttons look like this?
c1

ETA again: RE ConnexxAir; I see evidence saying that you can use it for KS7. I don’t see evidence showing that it has been used for KS7. So do your own due diligence.

He said Connexx, 9.7.0 and
latest is 9.8.0.076.

As for connexxAir, I can’t confirm because I don’t own KS7, but they are rebranded from Signia
(formally Siemens) there’s no reason to believe it won’t be suitable .

Just to be clear, here’s some content from DIY School - (v2.0);

Connexx Fitting Software has two different parts:

1. The Connexx fitting software
  2. The Hearing Instrument/HI database

You need a SiFit HI database for Siemens/Signia HIs. You need a RexFit HI database for Rexton HIs. There are different versions (old/legacy and new/current) of each and you will usually find the two pieces you need together in one download. If you want this to work for Siemens/Signia HIs then install the version with SiFit HI database. If you want this to work for Rexton HIs then install the version with RexFit HI database.

Note that Connexx was rewritten as Connexx 8 (approximately 2016), therefore the Connexx 8 version is the demarcation between Old/Legacy and New/Current. You may encounter several different versions for each Legacy and Current Connexx’s. Generally you will want the last-Legacy-version or the latest-Current-version depending on your hearing instrument. Connexx 8 also added an updater in your Windows Sys Tray to keep the software current. However, an updater glitch stopped Connexx 8.5.3 from receiving further updates via the updater, so you may have to manually get past that specific version. Note that there are other (more obscure) Connexx versions (Hansaton, Electone, Miracle Ear, etc).

If you want Legacy/Connexx to work for both (Siemens/Signia and Rexton) then install both legacy versions. After installing both, you will end up with two HI databases and one Legacy/Connexx6 that you can choose which HI database you want to use by using a Pulldown menu for Manufacturer and then select SIEMENS or REXTON. Though, for New/Current Connexx you will end up with two HI databases and two separate Connexx’s. The Old/Legacy and New/Current versions for Rexton and Signia can all be installed to co-exist together.

At this time the versions are;

• Rexton Connexx 6.5.5/RexFit6.8.4 for Older/Legacy
  • Rexton Connexx 9.7.0/RexFit9.7.0 (or latest) for Newer/Current
  • Connexx6.5.5/SiFit6.10 for Signia older/legacy
  • Connexx7.5.2/SiFit7.5.1 for Signia intermediary/legacy. The hearing aid names are (Carat bx, Pure bx, Pure mi, Ace bx, Ace mi, Motion bx, Motion mi, Life mi, Aquaris mi, Insio bx, Insio mi, Nitro mi, Orion 2, Orion, Sirion 2, Sirion). Note: This special intermediary version has an Updater but there are no updates for this version so you might as well choose the (do not activate Update Manager) option. Also this special intermediary version cannot co-exist with the Newer/Current version described immediately below.
  • Connexx9.8.0/SiFit9.8.0 (or latest) for Signia Newer/Current.

Why do you do this, you totally have to try make out you know more about what you don’t even own or program, man all you do is actually try and confuse the situation, it’s so simple what’s needed and now the OP reads all that cut and paste rubbish that has absolutely nothing to do with his KS7 that he wants to DIY, NO ONE asked for this information! It’s all easily available online if anyone really wanted to know, or they would just ask here.

It ain’t rubbish. It’s how Connexx works.

Obviously it is needed because you naively think that Connexx 9.7.0 is the wrong version for Rexton and instead, should be the latest Connexx 9.8.0 version. So I thought I would explain how Connexx works as opposed to correcting you again.

But, perhaps an explanation about how Connexx works is the wrong approach? Okay, how about if I say it this way? Your recommended version of 9.8.0 is incorrect because version 9.8.0 is for Signia, not Rexton. The OP is in fact using the correct version because 9.7.0 is the correct Connexx version for Rexton.

I don’t even know how to combine Connexx 9.8.0 with the RexFit 9.7.0 hearing instruments database? Do you?

No one suggested doing this, but when the new Rexton models are out, maybe then it’ll get updated (the Rexton not Connexx)

THAT’S WHAT I SAID, the update was for Signia, nothing to do with Rexton!

Yep that’s right, so after all that other cut and paste rubbish you printed off was for what, no one asked for it, which is why I said it’s just confusing, the OP is new to this remember.

AT NO TIME DID I SAY THAT, that’s your interpretation of it. Sorry that you’ve misunderstood, hopefully the OP will be able to get everything sorted/programmed ok.

No need to shout. I can make yet another attempt to correct my misunderstanding, and figure out exactly what you are you trying to say? Maybe your point is that 9.8 is bigger than 9.7. Basic math, right? Is that it?

You must bipolar, I shouted to see if it would help you understand… But you’ve misunderstood yet again!
You’ve now hijacked this thread.

To the OP, I hope you can get your HAs programmed with the information contained so far, I’d suggest you start a new topic in the forum if you want some more advice, there’s plenty of us DIY folks here on hearingtracker to help you along, some have actually DIY’d those very KS7 you have. Good luck

I started a new thread with a more precise question. You all have been helpful. Thanks

1 Like

Okay, if I misunderstood; How about an answer to a simple question. Why are you telling the OP about a later version of Connexx when he is already using the correct Rexton 9.7 version?