Noahlink vs Airlink

I have found that SmartFit on my rather high end system doesn’t work reliably unless I tell it to run in windows8 compatibility mode.

My system is an i9-9900K (4.7 GHz), 32 Gb 2666 MHz RAM, 512 Gb NVMe M.2 system drive (but I only run Smart Fit off a 1.5 Tb 7200 rpm SATA mechanical drive), and GeForce RTX 2070 Super (8 Gb VRAM) GPU. It’s a Dell XPS-8930 Special Edition computer and was only high-end in 2018 or so.

I ran the Windows 10 compatibility troubleshooter and it didn’t find any issues for Smart Fit. Perhaps what you find is very esoteric to your exact system and not generally applicable advice for mainstream systems built with commonly available components such as Dell computers are.

Mine’s an Alienware so it’s the same unsupported crap as Dell. Don’t get me started about my XPS One’s hard disk. Dell is a real rathole.

I can tell you that SmartFit does INDEED have compatibility problems and other bugs. Certain features of 1.8 used to just blow up (SmartFit has encountered an error and has to shut down).

I don’t think I’ve ever had a CTD with Smart Fit. The only problem I’ve had is that after v1.5 or 1.6 or so, the Update process didn’t work correctly so since then I’ve downloaded each whole new version. The install of a new version seems to completely remove the old. I accept every Windows Update, especially those involving .NET. So a “clean” install of the latest version (1.11) and making sure you have the latest Windows Updates might help. My machine performs a lot better than most with MS Flight Simulator 2020 (I can run in 2D ULTRA settings at 1440p resolution) so I have no complaints with Dell. I just wish I could buy an Nvidia GeForce RTX 3090 at retail price at Best Buy (but it probably won’t fit in my machine without a PCIe extender/riser)!