No sound from Phonak TVLink via ComPilot II

I’ve just purchased a Phonak TV and Music set off ebay - TVLink & ComPilot II, but can’t get any sound from the ComPilot. I’ve paired the TVLink and ComPilot, both showing solid blue lights and I can get the ComPilot test message and song. I have the TVLink connected by an optical cable.
I have the Target software.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Just link the compilot in target accessories, plug the compilot into USB port, you’ll need the iCube ll programmer to connect your HAs, compilot doesn’t work on Marvel platform onwards, Bluetooth is supposed to able to be used out of the box, but possibly already been used before?

@Zebras

It’s likely paired to previous owners hearing aids.

You’ll need to factory reset the ComPilot via Target.

Thanks for the quick reply. The ComPilot was paired with other aids so I deleted the pairing but when I try to pair with my own aids the only pairing option seems to be for a phone as the Target software mentions the code ‘0000’
I have Naida V90-SP aids which Target states are compatible with ComPilot II.

As @Zebras says, it’s cleared in target and you must have your HAs connected at the same time, then target groups/links the compilot and you should be good to go, any screenshots would help as well, as from memory it was straight forward.

1 Like

You can’t clear the ComPilot without Target.

Deleting the pairings is simply deleting the others persons phone. You need to factory reset the ComPilot to delete the other persons Aids.

I’ve reset the ComPilot using the ‘connect’ and ‘volume up’ buttons and also used Target to delete the pairing. I then paired the ComPilot and TVLink II. I can hear the ComPilot test song so I assume that the ComPilot is paired to my HA’s yet I can’t get any sound frmo my TV ?
Using Target to pair the ComPilot with my HA’s the only option seems to be pairing to a phone I’m obviouslt doing something wrong.
I’ve tried using an analog cable as well as an optical cable in case the problem was a faulty optical cable with the same results…

Yeah it shouldn’t be this hard, how about pairing the compilot ll to your HAs, can you take calls and stream music to the HAs this way? and one last thing, obviously you have the antenna (neck loop) connected right.

Are you getting any output from the tv? Sometimes you have to set it in the sound menu.

That’s not factory resetting the ComPilot in Target. Until you do that, it won’t work.

@grahams001

Have you managed to factory reset it yet?