NHS Oticon Synergy Sense mini BTE

My lad keeps me pretty poor at the moment so I’m not buying privately at this time - but there are loads of great devices appearing currently. And they are getting far smaller.

My loss means open fittings are essential so Lyrics etc just won’t work for me. Anything with a size 312 battery or smaller is pretty discrete though. And the tech is leaping forward at the moment.

Glad to hear your loss is stable - that means those devices should be a great backup pair for you for a good while. And they genuinely are good devices if programmed correctly.

You mentioned mini-moulds? - and I guess your audiogram looks like you stand a great chance of finding those occluding mini-moulds work very well for you. Possibly you may consider getting some of the temperature sensitive ones done privately to improve comfort?? I was once forced to try mini-moulds, however alongside that fitting being completely wrong for my weird loss type I did find the firmer NHS plastic was a bit harsh.

My NHS trust Kings has just given me new aids.
For the last 3 years I’ve had Siemens Teneo S+ which took a 312 battery.
They have just been fitted me with Phonak Nathos Auto M aids which take a 13 battery. These new aids are quite a bit lager than the old ones and I would find that annoying if it wasn’t for the fact that they are a big improvement on the old ones.
They told me I could keep the old aids, so now I have a spare pair.
I think the new aids might be equivalent to Phonak Naida V70 aids?

The Nathos Auto SP and UP are equal to the Phonak Naidas. I think yours are the Bolero V70 M.

1 Like

Thank you Zebras.
It seem the NHS has given me rather old (2015) technology in a rather large aid. They are however much better than my last aids.
I wonder how much better new aids would be?

You’ve got the latest aids that are available on the NHS. You’ve done well! NHS are never up to date with their aids.

I’m really pleased with them.
I received a letter asking me to book an appointment. When I booked the receptionist asked if I thought I needed an appointment and seemed to try and talk me out of booking one. I assumed I was just going to get a hearing test and maybe my existing aids checked, so It came as quite a surprise when they gave me new aids.
With my old aids I had several follow up visits and they always had feedback issues. With these new aids I don’t feel I need to go back at all.

1 Like