Newest RICs that takes a size 13 battery?

Hi everyone

The title says it all. I find that many new hearing aid launches don’t come out with battery options. I am used to recommending rechargeable. But I have a client that wants size 13 battery operated RICs. I want him to have the latest technology. As a new clinician, I find it difficult to find this information fast. Thank you

I just tried the battery version of the Jabra Pro 20 which used a 13 battery. Since that is a clone of the Resound Nexia, I assume that the battery version of the Nexia is also size 13.

Does it absolutely have to be a size 13? Phonak just launched a 312 version of the Lumity.

I think starkey had a mic #13 batery that was a while ago…

not sure if it still exists

Starkey evolv AI 2400 Power Plus BTE uses size 13 battery.

My guess is that the Paradise P90-13T is the most recent 13 equipped Phonak.

1 Like

You can get Resound Nexia 9 with size 13 batteries. They also come with the manual rocker switch so you have direct volume and program ability on the hearing aids, without having to rely on a phone all the time. Both the batteries and direct control were a big deal for me. We use a mini mic streamer in our RV when driving and it can be nearly 12 hour drives sometimes. Based on what I have heard, not what ReSound claims, the rechargables would not last that long while streaming. I get about 10 hours max with streaming to the aids from the mini mic and then can just pop in new batteries, plus I don’t have to be fumbling with the phone (illegal some places even) to adjust things while driving.

2 Likes

Good information, 10 hours is pretty good, I have the size 13 batteries as well but never tried that long (4 hours plane trip)

I’d vote for the Phonak Lumity Life 312 battery aids. I’m ECSTATIC with mine - in Precious PINK, f’goodness’ sake!

Yes, I’d get a day’s more use if it was size 13 batteries, but obstinately, Phonak refuses to accommodate us POWER USERS. One other benefit of the little 312s is that they are truly slimmer, smaller and more comfy to wear. They are about 15% smaller than my older Phonak Marvel 13s, and about 18% smaller than my Lumity Life rechargeables.