Newbie question - Trouble with new Widex Compass install/launch

Hi - I’m trying to install/launch the Widex Compass (V 4.3) and having some trouble launching the app. The first time I installed the program, it did launch. I checked to verify it was the most current version and then closed the app. On launch, it seemed to auto-populate the log-in window fields for initials and password. (I foolishly didn’t think to write down the initials and password that automatically appeared). The program opened that first time. But now, it’s again asking for the initials and password and I don’t know what to enter. Compass refuses to launch. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but still can’t get past the initial “Please enter your name and password for the COMPASS GPS database” screen.

Any help or suggestions are much appreciated.

1. Uninstall Compass GPS
  2. Delete the Widex Appdata folder where the RED AREA is your Windows Login user name (Joe, or Bob, or whatever)
  3. Reinstall and just take any defaults

Well not any defaults, don’t override username “ADM” and password.

What happens when you just click Login;

The adm and password aren’t there… i can retype “adm” but don’t know the password…

It was the appdata that was the snag. Thanks for the help.

Having the same issue and removed the applink as shown above, uninstalled and reinstalled and still no user name or password. The first time I also installed the USB interface and this time I didn’t. It still comes up blank initially for the user name and password. and so I can’t seem to run the console.