New weird bluetooth problem with Signia Pure Charge&Go 7x

I have been using my Signias pretty happily for more than three years (just out of warranty…) My work requires me to put my hearing aids in airplane mode and I have to use the Signia app to do so. Three weeks ago, Signia updated their app and that function stopped working.
What’s really weird is that all the other bluetooth functions are fine and work. I just can’t get the hearing aids to go into airplane mode. I tried with an iPhone 8, 13, and an Android 10 phone. All of them work fine, except going into airplane mode.
Any ideas??

Never update unless its absolutely necessary, stop the auto update function to stop future issues, just uninstall the new version and install the older version that worked perfectly, this is for Android, no idea if Apple allows this.

https://tinyurl.com/mvmecvjp

Does airplane mode in a hearing aid make any difference to anything? Genuinely curious here. Does the hearing aid send out any unsolicited packets? If not, if you disable communication with the aids at the phone that would amount to the same thing as airplane mode.

In airplane mode devices will not even try to connect to anything. Normal mode broadcasts availability. This is how some apps are used to find lost bt devices.

In spite of this capability there are rooms my employer will not allow my HAs inside. They allow older HAs but not most modern (Bluetooth) HAs.

WH

1 Like

I have the same restrictions at work in certain rooms and areas. The problem is it’s an unanalyzed condition around certain critical components. So it’s not allowed and unlikely to be analyzed. Cellphones, smart watches, use of 2 way radios, ect. are also forbidden.

I work at a power plant.

@tenkan Thank You!! I had bought a used Android phone and almost given up. Your idea to install an older version allowed the Android to control my hearing aids!

1 Like